DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Draining Phone Battery

Connolly55

Reactions
Evening,

Not sure if anyone has experienced this or it’s just me. Whilst out with my MA2, my battery on my phone decreases at a rapid rate, I’m talking 100% down to 20% in about 10 minutes.
It’s fine when using the phone normally but only when I’m using the drone does it decrease rapidly.

My phone is an IPhone 8Plus.

Is that something I’m doing or would it be down to an issue with my phone?

I'm interested in other people's opinions, too. My iPhone 5 just went from 90% to 5% quicker than it ever has. I connected it to the Mini's controller, and after several minutes of messing about, it started working, but once the unit was airborne, I had to bring it home after a few minutes, because the iPhone said it's battery was depleted. Anyone else find this? It had done it twice. I'm almost afraid to use it again.

For iPhone users, make sure that phone charging is enabled (it's a toggle switch, about half way down the Control menu). It is disabled by default, and will need to be enabled each time you run Mavic Fly. For Android phones, charging is enabled by default, something to do with USB-C standard.

I understand the charging current from the controller is 500 milliamps, but my iPhone 6 clearly draws substantially more than this when running DJI Fly. So, the battery still runs down with charging enabled, but at a lesser rate. I hope this helps!

100% down to 20% in about 10 minutes.

Something seems really wrong there: even if the CPU was being used at 100%, the battery should take more than 10 minutes to flatline.

I dont have such issue with my M2P+ iphone 11 pro . May be you have turned on video cache or sync HD photo ? I always turn both off

Evening,

Not sure if anyone has experienced this or it’s just me. Whilst out with my MA2, my battery on my phone decreases at a rapid rate, I’m talking 100% down to 20% in about 10 minutes.
It’s fine when using the phone normally but only when I’m using the drone does it decrease rapidly.

My phone is an IPhone 8Plus.

Is that something I’m doing or would it be down to an issue with my phone?
I have an iPhone 6S Plus, notice the GO FLY app really drains the phone faster than the GO and GO 4 apps ...

In the cold weather the iPhone battery performance is dramatically decreased. This effect is especially visible if the battery is not new and if the app uses high %CPU. Therefore the RC phone charging setting got to my checklist.

In the cold weather the iPhone battery performance is dramatically decreased. This effect is especially visible if the battery is not new and if the app uses high %CPU. Therefore the RC phone charging setting got to my checklist.
Same here ...

Are used to have the same battery drain problem using my iPhone 6s with DJI fly app even with the charge option on the app turned on.

i’ve noticed I don’t have anywhere near the battery drain problem using my iPad mini 5.

One interesting thing using the mini five is that turning the charge option on in the DJI fly app does not work. Immediately immediately turns itself back off within seconds.

Apple smapple, get a android, batteries on the apples are ridiculous.
I bought a Samsung Galxaxy S8+ on clraigslist for $100, it's my dedicated monitor now I don't have to put my cell on airplane mode

I'm interested in other people's opinions, too. My iPhone 5 just went from 90% to 5% quicker than it ever has. I connected it to the Mini's controller, and after several minutes of messing about, it started working, but once the unit was airborne, I had to bring it home after a few minutes, because the iPhone said it's battery was depleted. Anyone else find this? It had done it twice. I'm almost afraid to use it again.
Bill, my iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6S plus both show depleted battery after about 20-30 minutes of use with DJI GO 4 app and Litchi. They both show “picture of need to charge” when trying to start up. When I bring in house to connect to power charge, they show about 70%. Weird eh? Could be that I have been operating outside in 25-30F weather and bring phone/iPad in to warm up and then connect. Any input would be helpful as I too had to call drone home with controller Home button (or Pause depending on where I was).

Thanks Oldi, seeing the iPhone 6s Plus and iPad mini 2 showing drain after 20 minutes when outside at 25-30F. But, when I warm them up inside (allow condensation to dissipate), they show 70% power!. Weird eh?

Verified today in 37F weather that iPad mini battery did OK and as expected after one hour of use with screen brightness all the way up. It drained from 100% To about 70%. The previous uses in 15-20F weather really drained battery fast as previously noted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143