DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drifting and signal loss

Takeflyt215

Reactions
Hey guys im new to the mavic and on my 2nd flight noticed the bird drift to the right when i let off on the stick. My question is if my table was off slightly from level would that throw off the imu and make the mavic drift? Or could it be my controller? And also wanted to add i was at a soccer field that same day and could only take my mavic up about 250ft before it lost signal fast at that height and did a rth. I thought this thing can do 4 miles not just 250ft , can anyone help please?

Limitation's on the Mavic's signal are normally due to the location you're flying. Is the soccer field surrounded by a bunch of large trees which impacts the signal?

You could try calibrating the controller for your drifting issue.

Limitation's on the Mavic's signal are normally due to the location you're flying. Is the soccer field surrounded by a bunch of large trees which impacts the signal?

You could try calibrating the controller for your drifting issue.

Yes actually there are a bunch of high trees so I will choose another location sometime this week and I will leave an update also thanks for the calibration instruction will do that today

Where I fly around my house, I have dense tall trees all around me and thick woods between me and the MP and I have gone out up to a mile flying between 60 and 200 ft. Never a problem with the controls or the live image. The furtherest I flew was 2 miles out at the farm in Montana this summer but there were no trees nor any kind of obstacle between me or the MP. And even though I was supposable fly line of sight, there was no way I could see the small MP.

Reactions: Takeflyt215
I just had my first signal loss today -- I've got 3 hours flying time now and this is the first time it happened.

At the time I lost signal, I was flying over some trees and it was not in line of sight to the controller. It was about 150 ft up and 450 away from me.

I sure was relieved when it got the signal back! But I want to make sure I understand why it happened.

Is no line of sight the reason why you lose signal if you're within the maximum ranges?

I just had my first signal loss today -- I've got 3 hours flying time now and this is the first time it happened.

At the time I lost signal, I was flying over some trees and it was not in line of sight to the controller. It was about 150 ft up and 450 away from me.

I sure was relieved when it got the signal back! But I want to make sure I understand why it happened.

Is no line of sight the reason why you lose signal if you're within the maximum ranges?

Yes, by your own admission you had trees between you and the Mavic, 2.4Ghz does not penetrate foliage very far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61