DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drifting to the right while hovering

bendhiman

Reactions
While I am hovering about 20 ft from the ground my drone starts to drift to the right slowly. If I bring it lower it stays put can anyone give me advice as I am still a novice pilot?

I am currently travelling and only have my iPhone and MP2 and I am very new to this when I figure out how to access logs I will post the log and maybe the fine people of this discussion can help me. Much appreciated everyone plus I love the MP2 it’s my first drone and I’m impressed!

It doesn't hurt to do an IMU calibration just in case that's what it is.

Reactions: tgreve
Try a remote calibration to see if that fix the problem....

Like Blade-Strike wrote on another forum, in the Mavic 2, only calibrate IMU if DJI Go tell you to do it!

While I am hovering about 20 ft from the ground my drone starts to drift to the right slowly. If I bring it lower it stays put can anyone give me advice as I am still a novice pilot?

Mate my drone did the same. I sent it back and it was the left hand joy stick that had malfunctioned. They have replaced it free of charge.

I think they're just replacing the left joystick...as far as i can tell. Below is the email they sent me. At the far bottom is the diagnosis.​

Dear Customer,

After testing and diagnosing your product, DJI will provide you with the free repair service. We estimate to complete repair in 3 to 5 working days, after which the product will be sent back to you. In exceptional circumstances, repairs may be delayed. For further inquiries, please contact [email protected]. Thank you for choosing DJI.

This is an automated email. Please do not reply to this message. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.​

Case Info.

Customer

Case No.

Quotation Date
2018-Dec-07

Remark

RC left joy stick malfunctioned. Fly test will be performed after repair. SN may change.​

Reactions: bendhiman
I had the same issue. Fixed by doing a simple IMU calibration as was originally suggested in the thread. Now steady as a rock.

Reactions: bendhiman
They replaced the controller or the AC plus controller?
I'm in Australia and just had amazing customer service. Drone would rotate on its axis without warning. Sent it away and it had a faulty left joy stick (I'd crashed it a few times so thought I might had stuffed it) they replace the controller for free and sent it back. Best of all they were in constant contact with me. It was great to see such a large company actually excel at CS which is fast dwindling I feel.

Was it dark ? Sometimes if you optical sensors cant see the ground completely it will stay a little

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott