DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone crash

Now I’ve got a whole gambit of supplies for a discontinued drone :)
The price of second hand M2P has fallen so perhaps you could pick one up?

Also, how long did you stay around the area with the controller and phone switched on?
If you try a search with another drone just 'launch correctly'.

I want to get another one but honestly I’m struggling to find the use. This was just a hobby for me and you can’t fly them in most cities, can’t fly them at national parks, can’t fly them within like 15 miles of an airport. I mean where the hell am I supposed to take this thing lol?

You might want to do some reading and learning before proceeding with a new drone.

Regarding your question, there are no general 15-mile exclusion zones around airports. And most cities are not off limits. But flying from inside National Parks is prohibited.

Where can you fly? Most of the country. Use the FAA's B4YouFly app to check specific locations. Or look here online.

Reactions: umanbean
I want to get another one but honestly I’m struggling to find the use. This was just a hobby for me and you can’t fly them in most cities, can’t fly them at national parks, can’t fly them within like 15 miles of an airport. I mean where the hell am I supposed to take this thing lol?
I sympathize with ya guy. I’ve flown lower grade ( but not trash) drones for a few years before sticking my neck out and buying an MA2 last year. It’s a lot of money to potentially “ go down in flames”, so to speak. I still get nervous when I take mine out to fly, lol, always hope it comes back to me.
Good luck with your decision going forward with another purchase, and your flying.

I sympathize with ya guy. I’ve flown lower grade ( but not trash) drones for a few years before sticking my neck out and buying an MA2 last year. It’s a lot of money to potentially “ go down in flames”, so to speak. I still get nervous when I take mine out to fly, lol, always hope it comes back to me.
Good luck with your decision going forward with another purchase, and your flying.

Yes, but I'm hoping that I will be able to fly it back.

In almost every case, drones do exactly what the pilot commands. If something goes wrong, it's almost certainly our doing rather than the drone's failures.

Reactions: rp6 and Ty Pilot
It would be great if you could contact someone local to fly a search and rescue for you . It might just be sitting up near a roof AC unit somewhere

Hello all! 2 days ago I crashed my drone. Long story. Anyways I can’t find the dang thing. In my flight log it shows the yellow flight path and then shows where the path stops and the drone continues. Why did the yellow stop? Is it estimating where it landed? How accurate is this? It even shows directionally where it was facing

Also how can I download my flight log? When I export to csv it says successful and then even tells me where on the iPhone it saved it. I can’t find the dang thing to get it to my computer. Please don’t tell me iTunes… it’s 2022–how can I get my flight log?

It was a Mavic 2 pro

figured out flight plan. DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Do you have a buddy with a drone? Ask for help to scan rooftops, etc.

I know it's too late for this time, I always carry a hand held compass in my bag and walk around with it before i take off and if there is any magnetic field around the compass will go berserk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31