DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone crash

Ra5il

Reactions
Problem? Drone started flying in a direction by itself, I tried to take control or to land it but with no results until it crashed. just want to know why this happened

Was unit in a crash? yes

What have you tried so far? can't fly right now

What device are you using? oneplus 6t(android)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? aircraft 01.03.0800 remote controller 01.03.0800

What Go app version are you using? dji go 4 v4.3.8(703-googlePlay)

Any modification?
(if so what) no modifications

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no changes

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Problem? Drone started flying in a direction by itself, I tried to take control or to land it but with no results until it crashed. just want to know why this happened

Was unit in a crash? yes

What have you tried so far? can't fly right now

What device are you using? oneplus 6t(android)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? aircraft 01.03.0800 remote controller 01.03.0800

What Go app version are you using? dji go 4 v4.3.8(703-googlePlay)

Any modification? (if so what) no modifications

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no changes

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
You did not have enough satellites for complete GPS lock. If you are not skilled at flying in atti mode, then this would explain your crash.
Sorry, but this looks like a case of operator error.

You did not have enough satellites for complete GPS lock. If you are not skilled at flying in atti mode, then this would explain your crash.
Sorry, but this looks like a case of operator error.

0 satellites, I have not seen that before.

If you don’t know how to fly give the drone enough time to get a satellite lock and enter GPS mode before taking off... Some practice in atti mode will serve you well...

Reactions: Drone Master
0 satellites, I have not seen that before.
The OP started with 0 sats at lift off. By the time of the crash which was less than 15 seconds, he only had acquired 6. Not enough for gps lock. He was in full atti mode for the full duration of his flight.
Looks like the OP did not wait long enough to acquire enough sats before launch.
Or was in a area where the aircraft could not acquire at least 8 to 10 satellites before launching.

Ugh. I'm so sorry to hear about your crash. I realize being told that it's operator error is nothing more than salt in the wound...
I always wait (after connecting) for the verbal confirmation that I'm GPS locked.

Oh well.. Sorry

Newbie here and I am loving the learning curve.

Where did that flight data come from?
How did you plot it out?
What is Altitude Mode?I have seen it in the Remote's display after flying.

Thanks for the help folks, this looks like the best forum for Mavic droning I have found.

Newbie here and I am loving the learning curve.

Where did that flight data come from?
How did you plot it out?
What is Altitude Mode?I have seen it in the Remote's display after flying.

Thanks for the help folks, this looks like the best forum for Mavic droning I have found.

The flight data are from the mobile device and aircraft log files. Those can be converted to csv files and then analyzed and displayed in any data analysis software (I use Igor Pro), or CsvView if you want a custom-built solution.

ATTI mode is a flight control mode. In P-GPS mode, by adjusting pitch and roll, the flight controller (FC) holds position with the sticks centered, based on GPS and vision positioning, and holds course relative to the aircraft heading when elevator or aileron is applied. It also holds altitude by throttle adjustment.

In ATTI mode the FC simply holds the aircraft level (pitch and yaw = zero) with sticks centered (i.e. it maintains attitude) instead of holding position, and holds altitude with throttle adjustments the same as in P-GPS mode. It makes no attempt to counteract positional drift with the sticks centered, or to match course and heading when sticks are applied.

In other words in P-GPS mode the aircraft controls attitude, altitude and position, while in ATTI mode it only controls attitude and altitude.

The flight data are from the mobile device and aircraft log files. Those can be converted to csv files and then analyzed and displayed in any data analysis software (I use Igor Pro), or CsvView if you want a custom-built solution.

ATTI mode is a flight control mode. In P-GPS mode, by adjusting pitch and roll, the flight controller (FC) holds position with the sticks centered, based on GPS and vision positioning, and holds course relative to the aircraft heading when elevator or aileron is applied. It also holds altitude by throttle adjustment.

In ATTI mode the FC simply holds the aircraft level (pitch and yaw = zero) with sticks centered (i.e. it maintains attitude) instead of holding position, and holds altitude with throttle adjustments the same as in P-GPS mode. It makes no attempt to counteract positional drift with the sticks centered, or to match course and heading when sticks are applied.

In other words in P-GPS mode the aircraft controls attitude, altitude and position, while in ATTI mode it only controls attitude and altitude.
Thanks for the quick response.

In other words, or in my words, the main difference between the two is that GPS positioning is absent in Attl mode.

Therefore, from all the above, that one should wait to here FC say home gps position has been updated?

Thanks for the quick response.

In other words, or in my words, the main difference between the two is that GPS positioning is absent in Attl mode.

Therefore, from all the above, that one should wait to here FC say home gps position has been updated?

There are two reasons for waiting: (1) the FC needs a GPS position lock in order to be able to operate in P-GPS mode, which is the mode that most pilots will expect and (2) it needs a GPS lock at or around the takeoff point in order for RTH to work if the aircraft loses connection to the controller.

Reactions: Drone Master
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661