DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Crashed Unexpectedly

gyeung743

Reactions
I was flying at a beach and it was kind of windy. I know it sounds really dumb, but it was flying perfectly fine when it was in the wind. I was flying for about 10 minutes or so and it just crashed a few hundred feet away from me. I was flying at an altitude of 20 - 30 feet. Then I saw it crash oddly. I’m not sure what caused it to crash. It could’ve been the wind but I don’t really think so. So I want to know what the problems could have most likely been. The camera broke off the gimbal but the ribbon cable is still in tact. The video is fine too. If anyone knows or has done seen this before please tell me anything. Thanks. View attachment 43185View attachment 43186View attachment 43187View attachment 43188View attachment 43189View attachment 43190View attachment 43191

Last edited:
I was flying at a beach and it was kind of windy. I know it sounds really dumb, but it was flying perfectly fine when it was in the wind. I was flying for about 10 minutes or so and it just crashed a few hundred feet away from me. I was flying at an altitude of 20 - 30 feet. Then I saw it crash oddly. I’m not sure what caused it to crash. It could’ve been the wind but I don’t really think so. So I want to know what the problems could have most likely been. The camera broke off the gimbal but the ribbon cable is still in tact. The video is fine too. If anyone knows or has done seen this before please tell me anything. Thanks.
If you can pull your flight logs and post up here, someone might be able to review. Perhaps a bird strike? Were you watching the screen or the drone?

Reactions: gyeung743
Hard to tell from that video, but it looks like it started to spin just before it stopped. Were all the props still on it when you picked it up?

Just watch this video of the flight record, please. Thanks. Watch towards the end.

The video is no use for diagnosing the problem. If you want any kind of definitive answer you are going to have to post the logs - either the one mentioned in post #6 or alternatively, if that is not available, the DAT file from your mobile device will do just as well and is significantly smaller:

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Hard to tell from that video, but it looks like it started to spin just before it stopped. Were all the props still on it when you picked it up?

2 props were on but the other two broke off from the crash I think

The video is no use for diagnosing the problem. If you want any kind of definitive answer you are going to have to post the logs - either the one mentioned in post #6 or alternatively, if that is not available, the DAT file from your mobile device will do just as well and is significantly smaller:

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet
I still cannot open the file. I found the file and saved it, but I can't find any way to open it. I'm not sure if this will help but, look at my airdata link here.

Flying in sports mode, pretty close to ground. Not sure if sudden braking could cause it to lose altitude a little. Definitely need flight logs to determine. You can't simply open the DAT file. Just added it here (might have to rename extension to .txt) and someone will be able to open and pull the data out.

I still cannot open the file. I found the file and saved it, but I can't find any way to open it. I'm not sure if this will help but, look at my airdata link here.

So you followed the instructions on how to retrieve the file but ignored the bit about how to open it? Are you talking about the txt log or the DAT file? You could just post either of those here - you will need to change the DAT file extension from .DAT to .txt for the forum upload software to accept it. The txt log will upload without any problems.

The AirData link is not much use to me unless you enable download of the original txt log.

Here is the file. Try to do something with it.

Attachments

• 2018-08-04_11-05-15_FLY042 (1).txt
    207.7 KB · Views: 16
Here is the file. Try to do something with it.

That's not the correct DAT file - that's just a 53 second power up with no flight. Let's try this systematically - can you find and post the txt log first - as described here:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

Then, if necessary, we can identify the correct DAT file from the txt log.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98