DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone depoy

perrymatt1973

Reactions
Hi all question. i am on the 30 day trial using drone deploy. it shows 200 pictures taken covering the area i set but it won't transpose into 2d or 3d. loads of data is missing???

I can't remember for sure because it's been so long but I think the pictures need to be in raw format. A specific format anyways so just read what format DD requires and make the appropriate settings.

I can't remember for sure because it's been so long but I think the pictures need to be in raw format. A specific format anyways so just read what format DD requires and make the appropriate settings.

This is incorrect, DD wants the standard JPG files from the Mavic. And, make sure you are only saving to JPG and not to RAW, if you have the Mavic record to raw when running a DD mission it could overload the Mavic's bandwidth as @ 4k it is nearly 200 mbits/s of data. I am not even sure DD would accept RAW files, if they did it would take forever to upload.

Hi all question. i am on the 30 day trial using drone deploy. it shows 200 pictures taken covering the area i set but it won't transpose into 2d or 3d. loads of data is missing???

I assumed you uploaded all 200 photos to DD and it went through its processing phase?

Hi yep did all the photos. I managed to speak to dd and as the image is over water and land their software still is having issues putting them together so am trying alternative software to try this. Am trying ptgui but almost the same issue.

This is incorrect, DD wants the standard JPG files from the Mavic. And, make sure you are only saving to JPG and not to RAW, if you have the Mavic record to raw when running a DD mission it could overload the Mavic's bandwidth as @ 4k it is nearly 200 mbits/s of data. I am not even sure DD would accept RAW files, if they did it would take forever to upload.

I assumed you uploaded all 200 photos to DD and it went through its processing phase?
Haha. That's why I said I wasn't sure I was just trying to give him ideas and I remembered they needed a certain format. The water thing makes sense. I remember reading the software has a hard time ditching together photos over water because it's always changing and there isn't enough reference points.

Haha. That's why I said I wasn't sure I was just trying to give him ideas and I remembered they needed a certain format. The water thing makes sense. I remember reading the software has a hard time ditching together photos over water because it's always changing and there isn't enough reference points.

Yes, correct, neighboring images must have common features in order to align them correctly. Water, by itself, doesn't provide that ability, unless the water is clear and there are discernible underwater features, such as coral, etc...

Yes, correct, neighboring images must have common features in order to align them correctly. Water, by itself, doesn't provide that ability, unless the water is clear and there are discernible underwater features, such as coral, etc...
I'm glad that I read these posts, I was going to use DD for a mission where I'm from and I'm completely surrounded by water..mission was mostly water based.

What other Aps are good for mission, especially dealing with over water flights..?

Thx Osh

I'm glad that I read these posts, I was going to use DD for a mission where I'm from and I'm completely surrounded by water..mission was mostly water based.

What other Aps are good for mission, especially dealing with over water flights..?

Water is not a problem for missions. It's a problem for 3D mapping or panoramas. Missions (like waypoint missions) are fine with or without water. You can use Litchi, Auopilot, FPV, or even DJI's Ground Station Pro for creating/flying those kind of missions and water will have no effect. The issue with water that is mentioned is running a 3D mapping program or a 360 panoramic shot (like with Hangar 360), and the difficulty of the automated software to stitch the images together after the flight/shoot, due to the lack of features on the water for the software to adjust the alignment and match frames of reference.

Water is not a problem for missions. It's a problem for 3D mapping or panoramas. Missions (like waypoint missions) are fine with or without water. You can use Litchi, Auopilot, FPV, or even DJI's Ground Station Pro for creating/flying those kind of missions and water will have no effect. The issue with water that is mentioned is running a 3D mapping program or a 360 panoramic shot (like with Hangar 360), and the difficulty of the automated software to stitch the images together after the flight/shoot, due to the lack of features on the water for the software to adjust the alignment and match frames of reference.
That's what I'd be using it for, to 3D map and for panaramic shots..so with that being said, it would be a problem according to others who've used this ap..

I revisited drone deploy to make a 2D map today. Since I last used it about 4 months ago the Android app is much more reliable and it all worked flawlessly.

It was 60 acres, half of which was over the ocean. It came out just fine for the 2D part. 3D was no good over the water, but I have no use for the 3d in any case. Had wanted to export the map into Google Earth as I had done in the trial period.. Unfortunately as my free trial had expired back when it was bug ridden, it no longer allows me to export anything. So the app is pretty useless to me now. The Drone deploy pricing is ridiculously expensive. USD $100 per month or $1000 per year. If is was something like $10 per map I might consider paying. I would want to be using it all the time to justify the cost.

I revisited drone deploy to make a 2D map today. Since I last used it about 4 months ago the Android app is much more reliable and it all worked flawlessly.

It was 60 acres, half of which was over the ocean. It came out just fine for the 2D part. 3D was no good over the water, but I have no use for the 3d in any case. Had wanted to export the map into Google Earth as I had done in the trial period.. Unfortunately as my free trial had expired back when it was bug ridden, it no longer allows me to export anything. So the app is pretty useless to me now. The Drone deploy pricing is ridiculously expensive. USD $100 per month or $1000 per year. If is was something like $10 per map I might consider paying. I would want to be using it all the time to justify the cost.
I agree..to bad it's so pricey..;-(

I’ve been using cyberlink been able to do everything with it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk