DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Disabler . . . A link from "Pinterest"

Whitwellian

Reactions
In my e-mails this morning, there was a message from my "Pinterest" subscription. One of the links was to an article about "Build a Wi-Fi drone disabler with Raspberry Pi".

A link to the associated article is Build a Wi-Fi Drone Disabler with Raspberry Pi | Make:

I haven't read the full article yet, but at first glance it looks feasible.

By the way, this same post should also be appearing on the Phantom Pilots page as I also have a Phantom 4

It wouldn't work against the Phantom 4 or Mavic Pro, they are hijacking a basic insecure wifi link with a cheap model controlled direct from a phone.
Unless someone was repeatedly flying close to you, actually being ready to implement the clumsy attack is quite a feat too.

Its feasible to alter for Occusync as well.
Despite DJI claiming the link is secure they sell a detection device that can identify drones via serial number AND read the telemetry coming off it.
The only way that could work is if the link isnt end to end encrypted.

Its feasible to alter for Occusync as well.
Despite DJI claiming the link is secure they sell a detection device that can identify drones via serial number AND read the telemetry coming off it.
The only way that could work is if the link isnt end to end encrypted.

It will work if there is known keys. Since DJI controls those keys it’s possible for them so Intercept and decode the stream.

What that does tell you is there is a universal key, which is really stupid to have if you want security.

This “Back door” type key is reduced security and becomes a big target for hackers as they know break it once and it works everywhere.

Give DJI has been firmware reverse engineered and hacked along with them even leaving their signing certificates and keys on GitHub makes me think its definitely NOT end to end encrypted.
Which in turn means its perfectly possible for someone to obtain the keys (if they're even encrypted at all) to intercept and possibly even hijack a link.
I cant see the Chinese authorities ALLOWING them to have a properly end to end encrypted link protocol either.

You can do lots of things with a Pi and HackRF these days.

Reactions: drone_video
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada