DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone disconnects and flyaway

That's someone stated before you were in ATT mode I believe I'm not a hundred percent sure on this but I don't think return the homework's in that mode but if it does you said that it went from 10 to 30 miles per hour wind max speed on return home I believe the Drone goes to only 20 to 25 miles an hour so the wind could have been pushing it further and further away from you to the point where your drone disconnected and I couldn't return home because the winds were so powerful that's just my thought though

I didn’t think about that it does make sense though thanks for letting me know

The Drone says up to four miles but that's in like perfect condition if you run the battery as low as it can possibly go and there is no return home for that if you go 4 miles if your two miles out the lower you go the last reception you get one tree in between you and the Drone can cause a milamore difference in signal

Also didn’t know that, thanks for letting me know

So is there not another way to try and find where t actually landed? Even by having dji look at the files?
If you use with the log set of 500 feet above ground level descending at 2 meters of second East you could try and take a nap and count you later and see we're going to possibly land and take a look there sorry for all the messages just trying to give my ideas to help get your drone back

If you use with the log set of 500 feet above ground level descending at 2 meters of second East you could try and take a nap and count you later and see we're going to possibly land and take a look there sorry for all the messages just trying to give my ideas to help get your drone back

Okay Sar figured that out luckily otherwise I wouldn’t have a clue in which steps to make so I think we figured that out and no problem thanks

I too am sorry for your loss, but since no others will offer "tough love", I will. You say you saved for a year to get the bird. My advice is to have spent that year reading the manual, and the dozens of threads here describing near identical events ("my Mavic just went crazy", "It just tried to land all on its own", "My Mavic flew away on it's own and crashed", etc.

Again and again, pilot error, lack of situational awareness of such things as location, battery level, winds aloft, software settings, lead to loss of the aircraft. Reading and learning from the many "autopsies" kind, knowledgeable folks like sar104 has helped diagnose before is invaluable.

Never to late to start.

Hope you get your drone back!

And when you get a new or refurbished Mavic, read up all you can and don't be 2 miles out with little battery left (<60-70%) and no plan B.

Good luck in your search on Thursday!!

Yes, and I completely understand that. However, why did it disconnect from my controller? I understand the flyaway was my fault but what about the recovery? why did the mavic disconnect from my remote?

Going back to the question of the disconnect, the following image shows a computed viewshed from the last recorded location of the aircraft at 7843 ft MSL. Green shading indicates line of sight to the ground from the aircraft. Notice that the home point ground location has just gone out of line of sight.

screenshot55.jpg

Going back to the question of the disconnect, the following image shows a computed viewshed from the last recorded location of the aircraft at 7843 ft MSL. Green shading indicates line of sight to the ground from the aircraft. Notice that the home point ground location has just gone out of line of sight.

View attachment 25298

How did you produce this line of sight image? Outstanding!

Reactions: linuxglobal
How did you produce this line of sight image? Outstanding!

It's a fairly standard mapping technique that is available in many mapping programs that support DEMs, and I use it primarily for mapping radio communication predictions during search and rescue operations to decide where to place relays or repeaters. But, it's actually a little-known standard functionality in Google Earth Pro; if you create a waypoint with an absolute or relative altitude then right-click on it and choose "Show Viewshed" then it will compute and display that view.

It's a fairly standard mapping technique that is available in many mapping programs that support DEMs, and I use it primarily for mapping radio communication predictions during search and rescue operations to decide where to place relays or repeaters. But, it's actually a little-known standard functionality in Google Earth Pro; if you create a waypoint with an absolute or relative altitude then right-click on it and choose "Show Viewshed" then it will compute and display that view.

People like you add so much value to this community and forum. Thanks!

View attachment 25298
Thats so cool lol

Just finished searching for it, no sign. I spent a good time looking in a huge radius with no luck! Time to start saving again, now with intentions to buy a gps tracker and warranty!

Reactions: cderoche
Just finished searching for it, no sign. I spent a good time looking in a huge radius with no luck! Time to start saving again, now with intentions to buy a gps tracker and warranty!
Attach a tag like this one: Loc8tor Finder Tracker to your next drone. I will help with a search pattern during a situation like this.

Reactions: ascho7
I have a Marco Polo on mine.15116535522131688303544.jpg lost drone one day (see thread "flyaway Not") tracker took me right to the MP, very similar terrain, mountainous forest. Took me about 50 minutes to find it 1100 feet away.

Or in better words, is there any chance in **** I find my drone?

I would use another drone (if you have one, or know a buddy with one) to start looking in that wooded terrain. Looks like a hard place to have to find something as small as a Mavic. Still gonna be tough, because you would have to stay as low as possible using a device set up to film landscapes having to stay clear of trees on varying terrain. You may have a large search area.

Given said all of this, do you think DJI will atleast give 30% Discount, maybe even something more? The only problem is that I spent a year trying to earn enough money for this and I'm not sure how long it will take to earn enough money for a new one. If any of you have any ideas, let me know. I still want to search for it but even with that good of an estimation I don't know if I will be able to find it, as it is an estimation.

First thing you should look into if you get another Mavic is to contact an insurance agent, I insured mine via State Farm for $60 per year, full coverage 0 deductible. If I ever lose mine flying at distance it would suck but they'd at least pay out enough to replace what was lost.

First thing you should look into if you get another Mavic is to contact an insurance agent, I insured mine via State Farm for $60 per year, full coverage 0 deductible. If I ever lose mine flying at distance it would suck but they'd at least pay out enough to replace what was lost.

Trust me, if I had known about it before I definitely would have. I didn’t know they would aslso do flyaways

Reactions: cderoche

That is excellent. I can certainly use a mapping technique like that for the long distance runs.....

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs