DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone DJ has new infor about GPS problem

Is Mavic Pilots that home?
That answer will need to come from you. Certainly a diverse group here to contend with and most times the stones are not tossed. I’ve tossed a few myself and had my hands slapped as the reward. Reasonable subject matter should attract reasonable responses depending on which side of the bed someone uses when they get up in the morning.
I, like yourself, have several DJI products and I do believe they lean towards “good faith“ in most cases. There is however, some form of evidence that they don’t totally follow that path.
Don‘t get me wrong, they do have many great products and will undoubtedly continue to be the top contender for the drone industry.

Reactions: PAW
If with DJI Asistant I can upgrade to any of the FM upgrades, which one caused the satellite acquisition problem?
The December update, but you will lose a lot of subsequently added functionality and bug fixes to avoid what is really only a minor delay in setting a HP that is now only affecting a vocal minority for whom this minor delay is problematic.

The December update, but you will lose a lot of subsequently added functionality and bug fixes to avoid what is really only a minor delay in setting a HP that is now only affecting a vocal minority for whom this minor delay is problematic.
You somehow have done a poll and know it is only a minority? You also speak for everyone with the problems and say it is minor? You are full of it.

You somehow have done a poll and know it is only a minority? You also speak for everyone with the problems and say it is minor? You are full of it.
I have had the problem myself, and it is minor, and has multiple workarounds for anyone seriously interested in working around it, until DJI fixes it for everyone. If you need help with the workarounds, they have been posted repeatedly. You don't have to look far! I have already contributed all the ones I have successfully used, depending upon the situation.

I have had the problem myself, and it is minor, and has multiple workarounds for anyone seriously interested in working around it, until DJI fixes it for everyone. If you need help with the workarounds, they have been posted repeatedly. You don't have to look far! I have already contributed all the ones I have successfully used, depending upon the situation.
You don’t speak for others whether a problem is minor or more serious. Nor is a “workaround” appropriate for a product when the cheapest drone doesn’t have the issue.

You only speak for yourself. Stop being presumptuous. Clearly many don’t find this as minor as you do, or have the problem worse, or have different use case scenarios.

Lastly, it is far from clear that DJI will even be able to fix this issue at all after already promising and failing to fix it and then issuing a misleading (at best) statement about high latitude BS.

You don’t speak for others whether a problem is minor or more serious. Nor is a “workaround” appropriate for a product when the cheapest drone doesn’t have the issue.

You only speak for yourself. Stop being presumptuous. Clearly many don’t find this as minor as you do, or have the problem worse, or have different use case scenarios.

Lastly, it is far from clear that DJI will even be able to fix this issue at all after already promising and failing to fix it and then issuing a misleading (at best) statement about high latitude BS.
A bit like the pot calling the kettle black, eh?
So you are now the self-appointed DJI critic, claiming to speak for everyone?
I'm a happy user who has been on both sides of the issue, and there are current workarounds for every scenario! I've used all of them successfully! It's also now fixed for me, and many others, who have also chimed in.
You do you, and I'll do me! 🤣
Would you finally stop all this harping, if the next FW update fixes the issues for everyone, instead of only most?

A bit like the pot calling the kettle black, eh?
So you are now the self-appointed DJI critic, claiming to speak for everyone?
I'm a happy user who has been on both sides of the issue, and there are current workarounds for every scenario! I've used all of them successfully! It's also now fixed for me, and many others, who have also chimed in.
You do you, and I'll do me! 🤣
Would you finally stop all this harping, if the next FW update fixes the issues for everyone, instead of only most?
No. It’s not the pot calling the kettle black. You have no idea if what you are facing is the same as what others are facing. And just because you settle for workarounds doesn’t mean that others should. Others have different use case scenarios as well.
So you diminishing the significance of this for others is pathetic. So yes, you “do you”. And stick to that.

No. It’s not the pit calling the kettle black. You have no idea if what you are facing is the same as what others are facing. And just because you settle for workarounds doesn’t mean that other should.
So you diminishing the significance of this for others is pathetic. So yes, you “do you”. And stick to that.
You didn't answer the question...
I know exactly what issues others are facing.
I can read.
Anyone interested in immediate deployment still has workarounds.
You are now speaking for them, when you say they shouldn't.
Let them decide!
The significance of the problem is diminished when there are viable workarounds while DJI fixes it for those still affected by it, which only affects the very first flight!
I'll do as I please, since you seem to want to keep harping on this issue, and undoubtedly will continue, long after it is fixed for everyone!
Do you even own a Mavic 3? Yet, you want to speak for all Mavic 3 owners?
You don't speak for me, nor anyone else for whom the issue is already fixed. Everyone else has workarounds. They can either use them and get on with business, or waste their time complaining, in the interim, before it is fixed for everyone.

Last edited:
Yes, including BeiDou on the M3 instead of GLONASS is one hypothesis for the problem.
That's more a guess than hypothesis.
There's no evidence to support it and even if Beidou was completely non-functional, the drone still should be picking up sats from two other constellations.
Why Beidou should interfere with those (if that's what's happening) is unknown.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre