DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Donation

Dpunak

DPFlyer
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am thinking about donating my Mavic 2 Pro Drone, RC Controller & 5 batteries to the National Public Drone Donation Program. Saying that, how do I reset the drone & controller to factory settings.
Your thoughts on that idea is much appreciated.

• Love
Reactions: Cafguy
Saying that, how do I reset the drone & controller to factory settings.
There is no reset for the drone, you have to do things individually via the App menus.
Two things I suggest you check and reset to the defaullt, that is if they are currently not set to the default,
1) the "Emergency motor stop" option should be "Breakdown" or "Emergency Only" AND not Always or Anytime, I get the Fly app and Go4 App names mixed up
2) The "failsafe/disconnection" option is set to RTH.

If the controller needs a phone i.e. it is either an RC1A or an RC1B, then there is nothing to reset, no settings are stored in the controller.

If the controller is a smart controller, with a built in screen, then there may be a reset function but I don't know of it.
HOWEVER you will need to ENSURE that all the .txt and DAT flight logs are removed from the controller and that you have logged out of any and all control apps on the controller.
Even if there is a reset function I would manually check that no logs have been left on the controller. If logs are left on a smart controller ANYONE can access them.
Personally I would MOVE the .txt & .DAT flight logs to computer etc. and keep them

There are DAT logs on the drone but you can not do anything about them and NO ONE, bar DJI, can read them, so they are no threat to privacy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_