DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone down, enemy action!

Badtoro

Reactions
Bit of an Oops moment. Knocked out of the sky by enemy action

Yup. A ? got my ? My own fault, slow to react, saw it coming.

A bit of a walk and one badly cracked prop later (replaced all 4 just in case), Buzz Lightyear as I've christened my M2 seems to be good. Ended upside down in some heather sending me dramatic "Cannot take off" messages!

Think this qualifies as the lucky warning.

Yeah. I herd them with the drone, some of which involves flying very low and slow. Most sheep will either walk or run the direction you want. Some don't, they prefer to run at the drone. I've been charged a few times before, just didn't push up in time today.

A liitle tooooo low, Huh! ?

A liitle tooooo low, Huh! ?
Nah, well yeah, but just at the upside down end bit!

I try different tactics. Some get used to the drone faster than others, they will just stare at it a few meters in the air and not budge. So I try to work it like a dog on those, very low down, then creep towards them slowly. Possibly feels more like a predator to them at that level.

Live to fly another day ?

I try different tactics. Some get used to the drone faster than others, they will just stare at it a few meters in the air and not budge. So I try to work it like a dog on those, very low down, then creep towards them slowly. Possibly feels more like a predator to them at that level.

Well, this is fascinating. I was trying to make a little funny comment but I guess I need to take it back. I get it now. I have seen animals herded by dogs and it seems like they tend to nip at their heels to get them to move. Is this right? I wonder if you could attach a speaker like with the Mavic Enterprise with dog barking sounds?

Knocked out of the sky by enemy action

Toro: I tried to picture what you are doing in my mind but the thought of that sheep attacking the Mavic was just too humorous. I realize this is an important, probably daily task for you and I salute you for making it work but it was still pretty funny...the whole "enemy action" thing. Glad she's OK.

Toro: I tried to picture what you are doing in my mind but the thought of that sheep attacking the Mavic was just too humorous. I realize this is an important, probably daily task for you and I salute you for making it work but it was still pretty funny...the whole "enemy action" thing. Glad she's OK.
You calling Buzz Lightyear a she?

That's fantastic, brother! Not the crash, of course.

Reactions: Badtoro
I'll just put all replies into one post instead of quoting everyone.

I've already tried to make it bark, bought some "littlebits" electronics, basically a battery, light sensor, mp3 player and speaker. It works by turning the landing light on & off as a switch. However, the speaker is gutless so I'm going to educate myself a little and build a circuit with a decent speaker to play sounds. That will be a thread for another day.

Buzz Lightyear a she, ok, maybe a rethink needed there.

It was funny, once I got over the oh sh1t moment of it going down!

Bit of an Oops moment. Knocked out of the sky by enemy action

Yup. A ? got my ? My own fault, slow to react, saw it coming.

A bit of a walk and one badly cracked prop later (replaced all 4 just in case), Buzz Lightyear as I've christened my M2 seems to be good. Ended upside down in some heather sending me dramatic "Cannot take off" messages!

Think this qualifies as the lucky warning.

Sorry, you had an incident with your drone but you've really given me a laugh this morning.

This is the only piece of video I have of a similar reaction from sheep. By my own admission I was just figuring it out, was too heavy on the stick and got too close here unintentionally.

The day I got knocked down, I approached two sheep slowly from a ways out. They ran down the hill at the drone instead of away from it, I didn't react quick enough and one either hit it on purpose or by the fact I was low. Often I can see the tops of the sedge grass above me while flying, so it really does get down in the weeds so to speak.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15