DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone down, enemy action!

Really! A sheep attacked your drone?

I saw a short video of someone using what appeared to be a Mavic Pro or 2 to herd sheep. He had mounted a speaker on the top. He was able to record his sheep dogs barking on it and the playback was loud enough to chase the sheep away without having to get too close to them. He also herded cattle with the same speaker device mounted on the drone.

Bit of an Oops moment. Knocked out of the sky by enemy action

Yup. A ? got my ? My own fault, slow to react, saw it coming.

A bit of a walk and one badly cracked prop later (replaced all 4 just in case), Buzz Lightyear as I've christened my M2 seems to be good. Ended upside down in some heather sending me dramatic "Cannot take off" messages!

Think this qualifies as the lucky warning.
I've heard of Spiderpig but not super sheep.

Those were some colorful sheep in that one video. I think they got into the Easter egg dye a little early. Need an interpreter for the first vid with that Aussie accent but then they rag on us about our accent here in Texas too.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Sheep are dangerous animals! i once had a huge ram knock me to the ground and when my cattle dog came in to help, it headbutted him and knocked him out!
I wonder how a drone would go mustering on a big property

a good sheep dog will win out everytime.
maybe if they can increase the battery life to a few hours, then you would have an argument. by the time you set up the drone, the dog will have rounded them up and brought them back to the gate

Reactions: TR Ganey
you must really feel sheepish about this whole thing

I've chased deer away... they get used to it... but a quick full up/full down still seem to scare them away.

Yeah. I herd them with the drone, some of which involves flying very low and slow. Most sheep will either walk or run the direction you want. Some don't, they prefer to run at the drone. I've been charged a few times before, just didn't push up in time today.
We never had that problem with our collie. Are you sure it just didn't see the "ewe turn?" ?

Reactions: Aussie Oldtimer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2