DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Eating Wire - Crashed Drone

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
As I mentioned a few times in other threads, I had crashed my M2Z last week. Apparently APAS doesn't detect horizontal wires so it fell about 8 feet onto cement walk-path.. No blame on anyone but myself.
Fortunately not much harm done. Two broken props, two scratched props, battery popped out with slight dent on one edge and scratches on face, slight scratches on top front.
Live and learn.

How do I add a video onto a post? It didn't seem to allow me to upload an MP4.
EDIT: I figured it out.

Side note: I originally recorded at 1080p 59.9fps. I edited the original footage in Movavi and downconverting to 30/29fps, but the downconversion either caused pixelation on the start of the video, or jerky video. Any suggestions? Here's the link to the 30fps version:

Last edited:
You have to upload your video to a streaming service such as YouTube and then embed the link

My only thought to the jerky video is that your PC does not have the video processing power to decode at 60fps and you are loosing frames. Also, did you have the shutter speed set at 1/120?

any other damages ? just curious , cause i have some tiny contacts with the walls in tripod mode and props just made tiny cuts on mavics legs

No mechanical/elecrical damage, only minor cosmetic damage other than the prop damage. With the front arms able to fold back and the gimbal/camera recessed, that seems to protect it. I didn't even have to recalibrate anything. I haven't fully tested obstacle avoidance but other than maybe needing calibration, I can't see why that would have issue.

I thought I might have hit and damaged the facia 10 feet further from the wire. The bit of aluminum was peeled back and the wood having a gouge. It looked like something a prop might do if it was strong enough. After retrieving and watching the video, I confirmed what I first thought happened: I hit the wire.

How did you get prop cuts on the mavic legs?

My only thought to the jerky video is that your PC does not have the video processing power to decode at 60fps and you are loosing frames. Also, did you have the shutter speed set at 1/120?
The 60fps is good, it is the downconverted 30fps that's choppy. See for yourself. I used my dad's Movavi to get the short clip and slow mo the end. When I imported my original 60fps footage into a 30fps project, the beginning of my final export had pixelation. Very weird.

Without filters and the zoom not having aperture, all I can do is auto shutter. Shutter speed may have some to do with it but probably not much. With proper shutter speed and good editor, I probably could compensate.

Damage doesn't look too bad, get a wrap to cover the scratches.

You hardly notice the scratches, even on the battery which got scratched the most.

Flies just fine. Had a scare yesterday, but I think it was more wind related than anything else, even if I didn't get a wind warning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf