DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone fell in lake?

Are you saying that you found the aircraft? And you didn't answer the questions in post #9, which makes it difficult to go any further looking for the cause of the event.
No I didn't find it sar, The way it fell was like it died in the air, not 100% but I believe everything just shut off.

No I didn't find it sar, The way it fell was like it died in the air, not 100% but I believe everything just shut off.

The only times I've seen that happen on the MPP is with a battery disconnect, unlike the M2 which has a documented record of infrequent FC shutdowns. That's consistent with the log and your observations. Are you quite sure that you checked both battery latches before takeoff?

The only times I've seen that happen on the MPP is with a battery disconnect, unlike the M2 which has a documented record of infrequent FC shutdowns. That's consistent with the log and your observations. Are you quite sure that you checked both battery latches before takeoff?
100% clicked in, no chance that it fell out Sar

Checked it also by looking at it from both sides of the drone.front and back aswell
I would contact DJI, explain to them what happened. They will also need the logs for analysis.

Reactions: Googs
Can you see the stick movements from the logs, could you have initiated the emergency shutdown with both sticks down and out position?

No - that didn't happen.
Thank for your re
In that case I'm at a loss to explain what happened. There are no indications of any problems in the log file.
Thank for your reply Sar you've been very helpful, very upsetting and unfair ,I couldn't fine the drone. Was the freefall normal in your eyes? I was fighting with the control going up on the sticks to no avail

Thank for your reply Sar you've been very helpful, very upsetting and unfair ,I couldn't fine the drone. Was the freefall normal in your eyes? I was fighting with the control going up on the sticks to no avail

No - falling from the sky is definitely not normal. The aircraft appears to have shut down in mid-air - if not from power loss then presumably FC failure. Nothing that you did with the sticks was going to make any difference after that.

No - falling from the sky is definitely not normal. The aircraft appears to have shut down in mid-air - if not from power loss then presumably FC failure. Nothing that you did with the sticks was going to make any difference after that.
Thank you Sar big upps for your help, very very happy, your a champion.

Reactions: Turn11
This log stops after 20 seconds or so, at a distance of 35 meters and an altitude of 18 meters. Were you watching it at the time? Did it simply fall from that position? If so, do you recall if the motors stopped in mid-air?

View attachment 57352
18m Altitude offshore that in itself is a no no .
As we all know well those of us who care to take the time DJI even advise against flying low Altitude over water.
Water reflections is one element to cause miss readings re Altitude play havoc on Mav 2
As mentioned there are so so many YouTube reviews and updates referring to errors when flying over water mass

Reactions: macoman
Flying 18 M high over water is not a fault . It can be risky flying 5 feet over water . At 18 M there should not be any problem if there was not a equipment failure

Reactions: Lo-Rider and Googs
Hi Chris;

There are any number of reasons why your bird dropped into the lake but once you've posted the logs here, some of the very experienced lads up here will be able to tell you what might have happened. You can speculate all day but the logs will tell the tale.

Too bad this has happened to you but more experience will help a lot.

Bud

Why did I do something wrong?

Seems like you should have asked for help before flying!
Doing something wrong is usually why a drone ends up in a lake!

Did you come to this and other sites and read everything you could about Mavic 2s before purchase or flying?

Did you go to youtube and watch some of the many tutorials on the Mavic 2?

Did you read the manual several times and understand it before flying?

Did you practice in a large open area (over land) for many flights before flying over water?
Oh Boy Im sure all that banter makes the poor guy feel better, Get a life bone head,

Reactions: erkme73
Doing something wrong is usually why a drone ends up in a lake!

Did you come to this and other sites and read everything you could about Mavic 2s before purchase or flying?

Did you go to youtube and watch some of the many tutorials on the Mavic 2?

Did you read the manual several times and understand it before flying?

Did you practice in a large open area (over land) for many flights before flying over water?

It sure seems people want to be critical instead of actually helping. I would bet a years salary you never did all the things you listed prior to ever starting or flying for the very first time. How about backing off and giving the guy a break instead of trying to be a jerk.

OP. Best bet was suggested to check the logs. Ignore the the guy being a jerk.

It would not be the first time that an update or malfunction occurred. It could be pilot error but the logs should help you identify and learn from it.

Welcome to the forum!

18m Altitude offshore that in itself is a no no .
As we all know well those of us who care to take the time DJI even advise against flying low Altitude over water.
Water reflections is one element to cause miss readings re Altitude play havoc on Mav 2
As mentioned there are so so many YouTube reviews and updates referring to errors when flying over water mass

The VPS altitude reporting stopped at 13.6 m, so that wasn't a factor.

vps.png

Thanks everyone for your input. I really appreciate it guys for taking the time to reply to my question. Dji replied with the following:
mail

DJI SUPPORT (DJI Support)
Jan 4, 11:46 CST
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

This is Lydia from data analysis team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

For your case CAS-2625883-C4M7W7, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The GPS signal was fine and the aircraft worked under GPS mode;
2. At t=00:20, h=17.9 m, d=35.4 m, the aircraft flew forwards after the pilot pushed up the elevator stick, then the app record ended. The takeoff point: -32.9736863 151.6430184; The last point: -32.9739055 151.6427449.

With the record ended, the root reason of the incident cannot be verified.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 30% off discount for Mavic Pro Platinum without the charger and remote controller. Please kindly send us the following information if you would like to accept the offer:
Shipping address:
Contact name:
Phone number:

I replied with the following email:

Hi Lydia, I Only had the product for 2 months I was so happy excited to fly the famous dji mavic brand and now I'm devastated and not happy at all, $1329 down the drain.. If you can't prove I was at fault!! 30% discount feels unfair.. I'm hoping and praying you can offer me something I can be reallybe happy with... What is the final price amount come to without the RC and charger??

So I can way up my options to except this or if I need to take this further under consumer factory warranty.

Thank you for your time im hoping you can please offer me something more acceptable that will make me regain my faith and become a long life dji loyal fan for life.

God bless you
Lydia

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13