DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone fell into the sea. Seeking replacement.

Fadly

Reactions
My Air 2S fell into the sea. It's my fault really. I just too preoccupied that I forgot to check on the remaining power. I flew the drone into the wind, which means when it return, it'll go against the wind. So by the time the power warning appear, it's already too late. My drone landed about 250 meters away in the water. So it's a lost. I still have the controllers and other accessories. i just don't have drones. So rather than a buying a whole new drone package, I wonder if I can buy just the drone and battery only?

Ouch... painful lesson. You can sometimes buy a refurbished drone at the DJI store website. You'll probably need to chat with one of their tech support people to initiate the purchase. Or, just buy a new drone kit and call it good. You'll get an extra battery, and have a spare controller and charger.

A slight correction to your terminology, you flew downwind on the outbound leg, or with the wind. This made the return trip into or against the wind, or upwind.

DJI do sell just an aircraft I believe.
You have to contact them.

It's kind of not the best value buying a drone alone, you must heave the flymore if considering just buying hte drone, or maybe replacement drone only comes with a battery.

If the value drone only isn't that good, maybe find a great package deal for complete unit as @eEridani suggested, and get an replacement battery (or if Flymore a replacement and an extra 2 batteries !), spare controller (good for a long days flying), spare props, extra charger, all things you can use for quicker downtime or more flight time.

All the best with the replacement, a good lesson learned with the wind there.

Reactions: Droniac
My Air 2S fell into the sea. It's my fault really. I just too preoccupied that I forgot to check on the remaining power. I flew the drone into the wind, which means when it return, it'll go against the wind. So by the time the power warning appear, it's already too late. My drone landed about 250 meters away in the water. So it's a lost. I still have the controllers and other accessories. i just don't have drones. So rather than a buying a whole new drone package, I wonder if I can buy just the drone and battery only?
Check eBay, the Classified part of this forum, and other places where people sell their stuff. I had to "buy" my replacement Mini from DJI and it was not cheap. Even though I had refresh, it was my fault and so DJI charged me full price for the replacement. So, I'd look at other avenue first, then go to DJI as a last effort.

Call DJI and explain what happened. They may very well offer you a discount on a replacement drone & battery. DAMHIKT ;-)

You might want to check other options first and then try DJI to see what they would do. Then pick best offer.

Call DJI and explain what happened. They may very well offer you a discount on a replacement drone & battery. DAMHIKT ;-)

You might want to check other options first and then try DJI to see what they would do. Then pick best offer.
DJI did not offer me much if anything of a discount when I crashed my Mini - and it was maybe 2-3 months old with Refresh.

Checking others first is a definite must and going with best offer for sure.

DJI did not offer me much if anything of a discount when I crashed my Mini - and it was maybe 2-3 months old with Refresh.

Ouch!

Sorry to hear that! Maybe they are getting more generous or I was lucky with the customer service agent I worked with.

I had a flyaway incident resulting in a building crash and lost drone (Mini2). Even though their analysis deemed the incident as "pilot error", I was offered a 15% discount initially which went to 40% after I pushed back.

I took the 40% off. Discounted price was $1 less than the refresh price, but retain refresh options (2 repairs & 1 flyaway until end Feb 2022) and get full 1 year warranty on the replacement AC & battery which are due to arrive on Tuesday.

Next time consider an accessory that will allow you to recover your drone.
There are several products with various pro's and cons.
Check out drone-retriever. com for some insight to various recovery options.
As for replacing your drone ebay may be your best option. Then you could sell off duplicate items on ebay to reduce your loss.
One thing to consider is looking for a DJI reseller on ebay that is selling refurbished drone. If you purchase from them you will qualify to purchase DJI refresh. We did this on a Mavic Pro Platinum and are still flying it with 2yr refresh ending in early 2022.
If flying over water DJI refresh is the way to go with a recovery device.

Well you already have a discounted price because you have Refresh, and the Flyaway program.

Ouch!

Sorry to hear that! Maybe they are getting more generous or I was lucky with the customer service agent I worked with.

I had a flyaway incident resulting in a building crash and lost drone (Mini2). Even though their analysis deemed the incident as "pilot error", I was offered a 15% discount initially which went to 40% after I pushed back.

I took the 40% off. Discounted price was $1 less than the refresh price, but retain refresh options (2 repairs & 1 flyaway until end Feb 2022) and get full 1 year warranty on the replacement AC & battery which are due to arrive on Tuesday.

What exactly did you say?

I am in a similar situation. The quick response from them was “it’s your fault here is a 15% discount”

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC