DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Tally-Ho Pilots,

• I’m looking for a reasonably priced (but) ‘good quality’, easy to learn ‘drone filming course’.

• I’m looking at the www.dronefilmguide.com and wondered if anyone had used them or would recommend anyone else?

Many thanks for your feedback... ?
Drone film guide is good but also check out sky Hi films. Reinas is very good at teaching cinematic drone technique, I have learned a lot watching his videos

Tally-Ho Pilots,

• I’m looking for a reasonably priced (but) ‘good quality’, easy to learn ‘drone filming course’.

• I’m looking at the www.dronefilmguide.com and wondered if anyone had used them or would recommend anyone else?

Many thanks for your feedback... ?
There is so much really good stuff on You Tube I think it is sort of a waste of your money to seek out a paid for drone course. I bought my original drone (Mavic Air-red) from Drone Nerds and they gave very expensive courses. It's the same old story. You learn by doing, and by making mistakes., No course can teach you those skills.

There is so much really good stuff on You Tube I think it is sort of a waste of your money to seek out a paid for drone course. I bought my original drone (Mavic Air-red) from Drone Nerds and they gave very expensive courses. It's the same old story. You learn by doing, and by making mistakes., No course can teach you those skills.
It’s about learning what cinematic maneuvers to do and then practice practice practice

DEads- lighting, composition, histogram
Things you need to keep in mind in your learning

Drone film guide is good but also check out sky Hi films. Reinas is very good at teaching cinematic drone technique, I have learned a lot watching his videos
I couldn’t find anything on ‘Sky Hi Films’, but you all have a point.
I bought an iPhone photography course years ago and the amazing shots people had was amazing, but where they saw a tree & the most beautiful woman in the world, I just saw a tree & my wife. It’s the same here. I need to find that artistic flowing eye, but I don’t think it’s a natural process with me. £€$300 is a high price in any currency (unless you’re in Canada ?? or Australia ??), but I don’t want to end up buying 5 X $150 courses either...
Is there anyone particular on YouTube that you would recommend?

I couldn’t find anything on ‘Sky Hi Films’, but you all have a point.
I bought an iPhone photography course years ago and the amazing shots people had was amazing, but where they saw a tree & the most beautiful woman in the world, I just saw a tree & my wife. It’s the same here. I need to find that artistic flowing eye, but I don’t think it’s a natural process with me. £€$300 is a high price in any currency (unless you’re in Canada ?? or Australia ??), but I don’t want to end up buying 5 X $150 courses either...
Is there anyone particular on YouTube that you would recommend?
The only way you’re going to learn the art of seeing is through hard work and repetition.
If you’re unwilling to try and fail many times you won’t learn it.

Reactions: Skyfall-0D2
Anything really. I have never studied photography or even editing. I have signed up for LinkedIn learning to try to learn some stuff. Like I honestly don't even know where to start.
You should first learn basic photography tech like exposure. There are only 10,000 sites that have that for for free like fstoppers.
The I would read:
I assume Linkedin Learning Is lynda.com tons of resources there - a great investment. Check with you public library mine gives you totally free lynda.

You should first learn basic photography tech like exposure. There are only 10,000 sites that have that for for free like fstoppers.
The I would read:
I assume Linkedin Learning Is lynda.com tons of resources there - a great investment. Check with you public library mine gives you totally free lynda.
Or they could ask specific questions here lol

I'm getting to replies now

One technique that worked for me was to look at a lot of drone photos and videos and figure out what looked good to me. I then went about trying to recreate them through trial and error and a lot of help from this forum.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
For myself, I’ve taken photography courses and can take a pretty good shot when I’m studying a specific subject like depth. So this should be the same in the air, right? NOPE. I am finding it difficult to find the creative edge yet. Just not feeling confident with the camera in the sky yet.

Keep training, keep learning, keep making mistakes, keep learning from the mistakes, until you know when it’s right.

For myself, I’ve taken photography courses and can take a pretty good shot when I’m studying a specific subject like depth. So this should be the same in the air, right? NOPE. I am finding it difficult to find the creative edge yet. Just not feeling confident with the camera in the sky yet.

Keep training, keep learning, keep making mistakes, keep learning from the mistakes, until you know when it’s right.
Fly lower maybe?

Take Panoramas.

Play with shutter speeds and ND filters.

I’m quite fluent in photography too and I agree it’s hard to get killer drone shot.
However it would not hurt to learn the basics of photography.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser