DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Flying in Guernsey

Mungmeister

Reactions
Hi
Is there any Drone pilots in Guernsey on here, coming over with my Mavic Zoom in August would like to meet up with local Drone pilots to find best safe places, I have flown at Vazon and Fermain Bay some 2 years ago with my Mavic Pro, my relatives live in Guernsey born and bred I am completing my PFCO currently

kind regards
Mark

Reactions: Madmax229
I case anyone is wondering "Guernsey is an island in the English Channel off the coast of Normandy. It lies roughly north of St Malo and to the west of the Cotentin Peninsula. With several smaller nearby islands, it forms a jurisdiction within the Bailiwick of Guernsey, a Crown dependency. The jurisdiction is made up of ten parishes on the island of Guernsey, three other inhabited islands, and many small islets and rocks"

Reactions: Mungmeister
I don't live there but have flown there on a couple of visits. Over water you are fine to fly. I tried to get permission from one of the councils/parishes to fly over one of their areas near the sea, but they referred me to some model plane regulations which effectively said no flying. Fortunately most of the attractions are by the coast (cliffs, harbours, etc), so you can do quite well launching from beaches.

Reactions: Mungmeister
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle