DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Drone footage of erupting volcano.

One has to wonder which drone he used for this flight. With the tilt it had to be an FPV drone of some sorts. I don't think a DJI drone would like to be there very much. Great shots!

Reactions: Kdash
One has to wonder which drone he used for this flight. With the tilt it had to be an FPV drone of some sorts. I don't think a DJI drone would like to be there very much. Great shots!
the guy has a few other drone videos on his page where the camera is pointed straight down at the lava flows as well. Do FPV drones have that capability?

the guy has a few other drone videos on his page where the camera is pointed straight down at the lava flows as well. Do FPV drones have that capability?
I would suppose you can point the camera at any angle you choose if the mount accomodates it.

My apologies, I did not intend for this to appear to be my own video, credit goes to Iceland resident Bjorn Steinbekk for the incredible footage.

I wasn't sure if it should go here or in the News section.

Here's an interview with Bjorn where he tells all about it.

SPOILER: He's flying the new DJI FPV and the aircraft is not scathed in the least which is pretty amazing and VERY lucky. He did elude to he fully expected to lose the aircraft during this endeavor which I would have as well. Well worth the risk of loss of aircraft to get that footage. There's no telling what his bank account looks like now as he's selling the footage many times over no doubt. Well played Bjorn.

I like my drones medium rare...

Absolutely stunning footage. Incredible.

Here's an interview with Bjorn where he tells all about it.

SPOILER: He's flying the new DJI FPV and the aircraft is not scathed in the least which is pretty amazing and VERY lucky. He did elude to he fully expected to lose the aircraft during this endeavor which I would have as well. Well worth the risk of loss of aircraft to get that footage. There's no telling what his bank account looks like now as he's selling the footage many times over no doubt. Well played Bjorn.
I sent Bjorn a message asking which drone he was using when I posted his video but it must have gotten buried in all the others he's received. He has not responded or viewed my message on Facebook. I would imagine he had hundreds of them lol.

Reactions: BigAl07
"Kids don't try this at home..." as it is said. Skilled pilot and a thrill seeker all in one. Good interview and I will be interested if someone finds footage of when as he says that he "takes it further"!!

My questions are about the temp of the lava (1170c/2140F)
and the thermals coming off the lava............
Those temps are HUGE but he's flying through the column of heated air so quickly it's not an issue. Now hovering directly over the mouth etc would be a whole other issue.

In the interview, he said he expected to lose the drone. If he lost the drone, he would lose the high-resolution video also wouldn’t he? In my conservative mind, that would make the endeavor pointless. Cheers to him for doing it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13