DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone for child recommendation

@dougstroud ,thankyou for your reply to my post,i hope that everything works out for you, and your new family,and that drone flying helps you to achieve your goals

Reactions: dougstroud
I am exploring things with them they have never had access to before.
Sounds like either a Mini or an FPV would be best, depending on what they want to do and where you have available to fly.

Depending on their interests, some non-flying gadgets you might consider…

This is an origami microscope. Single lens, practically indestructible and great for hikes. My grandniece loved it.

If they are interested in science and engineering then these are great gadgets.

Also of note is Phyphox, a free app which lets you use the sensors on a phone to do experiments. Again, really useful if they are into science.

And if they are interested in science, and you like family games, then some of the games on this list might be worth buying. I've got quite a few for my grandnieces…

Not having completely read all the replies just wondering if you have taken into consideration all the rules that go with flying drones? These are aircraft and have FAA rules that have to be followed . Kids that age don't have a great understanding of the ruless, they think its a tou and they can just go fly when ever and where ever that want to. Please read the rules and teach then to you daughters .
Oh I forgot to mention both you and your daughters must pass the FAA TRUST test before flying

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive