DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone found in Jim thorpe

Giving out that information would make it so easy for someone to falsely claim it is theirs, don't you think?

Could be a cheap drone with no memory card. Maybe a drone that flies for only a few minutes like a kids drone? Who knows.

FAA Says you need to add your FAA number to the drones you fly - There is a shop on Etsy that will create stickers of your FAA number which you can then add to your drone. I have done this in event something happens to my MA2. (Of course I hope it never happens) I mention this only as a suggestion for anyone who has concerns it might also happen to them.

...Jim Thorpe is a town in eastern Pennsylvania, US.

When I was about 9-10 years old I was poking around a creek in Arlington, TX...looking for crawdads. A man came out yelling at me about snakes and stuff. He called my dad who came to get me. They talked for about an hour or so, had a beer together. Kinda made me mad 'cause the guy yelled at me and Dad was drinking a beer with him. On the way home my dad asked if I knew who that was. No, no idea who he was, just a grumpy guy who stopped me from getting crawdads. It was Jim Thorpe's son. Never heard of the guy but looked him up in the encyclopedia. It really was Jim Thorpe's son. The resemblance was unmistakable.

It’s a contixo with camera, I am trying to find a lost and found in the local paper up there.
I have a Contixo F22 - my first GPS drone that sold me on getting in to this. They don't fly very far at all - I could get it maaaaybe 1500 feet away before it would start having problems with the video feed on the phone and connection issues (and I don't live in an area with much interference).

Whoever it is, is likely in the neighborhood or even a couple streets away at the most.

Decent little drone for fun, I let friends and family use it when they want to try to fly (not handing over the DJI for that!).

Not sure if you have Nextdoor where you are but it may be on there as a lost and found post too. Nextdoor.com

Reactions: Rudiger
There is a shop on Etsy that will create stickers of your FAA number which you can then add to your drone.

Geekser, I've been looking for a replacement for my poorly cut paper and scotch tape that's already coming up after a month... Not Etsy savvy - do you have a link, or company name?

Also, I've seen the tip about the txt file on numerous occasions over the years and it's a good one. Today is the day I finally get off my *** and add that file to my cards. No, seriously...

Welcome to the forums - Nice of you to reach out and try to get a hold of the owner ! Some people put a text file on the SD card with their contact info

Brand new to drones and am still learning my way around, this is a great idea, how would I do it?
I don't have an SD card yet, but in the meantime I'm only using internal storage and am not sure how to get the file on to it.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Mavic Mac
Brand new to drones and am still learning my way around, this is a great idea, how would I do it?
I don't have an SD card yet, but in the meantime I'm only using internal storage and am not sure how to get the file on to it.

Thanks in advance.
I put the info in a text file on the sd card and also display it on the drone body

Attachments

• IMG_20200712_103959[1].jpg
    IMG_20200712_103959[1].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
I ordered the FAA stickers for my M2P from Callie-Graphics.com. The individual numbers and letters are cut from vinyl and are on a sheet for easy application. She scaled them down to 3/8 inch and they fit perfect on the front motor arm.

Drone owner found! The owner lived about 2 miles from the landing area. He was recognized from the video pulled from the card on the drone. He was flying and hit return to home, and he never saw it again. So a happy ending. We made sure to let him know to register it and put his name and number on it.

Reactions: Erk469
Drone owner found! The owner lived about 2 miles from the landing area. He was recognized from the video pulled from the card on the drone. He was flying and hit return to home, and he never saw it again. So a happy ending. We made sure to let him know to register it and put his name and number on it.

Well done Dave for finding the owner, we can only hope that if we ever loose our drones that there will be someone decent like you who will get it back to us ?

Reactions: 809UmUm and Erk469
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet