DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Hero of the week... sometimes you just need to say no...

Ikopta

Reactions
Mad week for Drones in the UK, which I'm sure the shock waves will be felt around the world. So far, 2 international airports shut down on the apparent "sightings" of a drone. With all the CCTV, tech and high cost drone detection systems shipped in between Christmas & New Year without any confirmation via image or intel, calls for drones to be banned, Its uplifting to see that one has stood fast this week when his local council wanted to hit the "knee-jerk" button and ban recreational drone flyers in Coventry.
UK Government has released its response to last years drones consultation ... what do you think? .

Reactions: mereflyer and Porky
FYI, the actual Government response to last year's consultation can be downloaded here (5.6MB PDF)

I read it yesterday, and it seems fairly balanced noting all viewpoints and not being too over reaching, striking a balance between the responses of Hobbyists, BALPA, and the BFMA's requests for some kind of "special status". The biggest takeaway is probably that mandatory use of a FINS (Flight Information and Notification System) has been shelved for now. Mandatory registration of larger (250g+) drones by the end of November 2019 is also mentioned so still seems to be on track, but still time for that to slip.

It's only a summary of last year's responses though, so while LGW/LHR are mentioned in the opening intro by Baroness Sugg they are not specifically addressed in the document.

With all the CCTV, tech and high cost drone detection systems

Considering all the stuff already out there plus everyone in the world has a cell phone with a camera, it seems odd that there's not been any verified sightings.

Reactions: Steve Murray
FYI, the actual Government response to last year's consultation can be downloaded here (5.6MB PDF)

I read it yesterday, and it seems fairly balanced noting all viewpoints and not being too over reaching, striking a balance between the responses of Hobbyists, BALPA, and the BFMA's requests for some kind of "special status". The biggest takeaway is probably that mandatory use of a FINS (Flight Information and Notification System) has been shelved for now. Mandatory registration of larger (250g+) drones by the end of November 2019 is also mentioned so still seems to be on track, but still time for that to slip.

It's only a summary of last year's responses though, so while LGW/LHR are mentioned in the opening intro by Baroness Sugg they are not specifically addressed in the document.
I thought it was pretty well balanced to, and said so. Seemed to upset someone on Ikopta’s channel though. My only concern is the test, just hope it’s not too ott.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143