DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coventry Council - Banning Drones:

Rogerlin

Reactions
Please believe me, I work with, not for, a number of local authorities in The UK and have to say they are not always the most forward looking, intelligent or logical authoratitive groups in our country.

It was announced on the local news this morning that Coventry Council are looking at banning the flying of drones in any of their parks or open spaces, as a result of the Gatwick debarcle. So typically a decision which if taken on by other ill informed LA`s could have quite an effect on the whole industry and of course those of us who enjoy the hobby (hate that word) responsibly, talk about a rather predictable but dumb knee jerk reaction!

So based on literally, verbal evidence only from the management of the airport and local police, the whole industry could be plunged in to difficulties and even more controversy, are DJI and other involved organisations doing anything to counter this rather `typical` reaction I wonder?

The lastest thought is that, like Birmingham Airport recently, Gatwick experienced serious `technical problems` and given they are currently looking at a deal with French giant Vinci, decided that may affect the selling price, whereas an incident outside of their control, which could happen anywhere would, perhaps not.

All quite in the media now and they (Gatwick & The Police) must be hoping the public will move on and forget all about it, meanwhile creative, well meaning and responsible enthusiasts and professionals continue to be villified by those out there without the cognative powers to consider there may just be ulterior motives or basic stupidity at play here!!

Hi Roger,

I was under the impression that RC powered planes etc have been banned from CCC parks for years following an nasty accident. Hence including drones would not be a big step to take.

I fly at CADMAC and i’ll bring it up at the next meeting.

Interesting JuJu, I have no idea but, it was a major local news item on Central this morning so maybe a bit of banwagon jumping?? In any event it can only exacerbate the perceived problems in peoples minds, which is unacceptable and unfair.

What is CADMAC then?

Just Googled it Chichester & District Model Aero Club ??

Cheers

Soon the only thing they will allow on Playing fields will be Shoutball (aka Football, but round my way all they seem to do is shout and swear and ocassionaly fall over crying)

TBH, I'm more concerned about the way they have banned other more important stuff like walking your Dog in so many areas, but It's all indicative of what a bunch of idiotic cronies inhabit our councils
..Bah!!!!!

Hi, CADMAC is Coventy & District Model Aeroplne Club, located just outside Wolston.

Yes I’m afraid we live in a time when people are easily triggered by the “D” word and it gives the local TV something to moan about.

HomePage

The UK is quickly turning in to a police state, where more resources are spent on seeking out people hurting someone's feelings on twitter than solving knife crime.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian