DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Insurance for under 16’s

Tom_Fatters

Reactions
Hi there,
I’m 15 and have been flying my mavic for about half a year. I’m going to Iceland soon and I was wondering if anyone knew of any insurance for my mavic as an under 16.

Is this to insure the Magic against damage etc or for some sort of third party cover

First of all congratulations on being a teenager and having a Mavic AND the means to travel to Iceland. At 15 I was fortunate to be able to skateboard down to the local bowling alley and fish for free games in an Asteroid machine with a super glued quarter. :)

In any case if you are located in the Continental US and not in the state of California then Statefarm may insure a younger person's drone against all damages and loss.

You dont need to have an existing policy with them and just inquire about a personal article policy for the drone. Im not sure if there is an age qualification for such insurance.

If you want 3rd party cover, then BMFA membership will give you that. You would qualify for a junior membership, which is £17 pa.

Hi there,
I’m 15 and have been flying my mavic for about half a year. I’m going to Iceland soon and I was wondering if anyone knew of any insurance for my mavic as an under 16.
I don't know but you need to let people know what country you live in and what sort of insurance you need. If it's to fly, that might prove tricky. You'll probably need travel insurance, you might have to advise them that you want an expensive drone included in the cover against theft or loss otherwise but most travel insurance will cover such items. I'm off to Norway. Iceland looks great too. How are you getting there? Flying?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78