DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Labelling.

Is it appropriate to label a battery rather than the actual drone it goes in?

FPV type so you can see it in the back, and nowhere else seems suitable unless I want to wreck the aerodynamics or make a grass magnet.
No it has to be attached to the drone where it can be seen without having to remove any parts or coverings.

Reactions: old man mavic
the placement of the label in the UK did alter slightly from the original advice from the CAA, with regards to scale model aircraft flyers who complained that a number displayed on the outside of their scale models would distract from the authenticity of said model,the whole concept behind the label is to allow a police officer to check if you have indeed obtained you operator licence
under the battery on the body of the drone is ok, but if it is mounted directly to the battery and that was ejected from the drone in a crash, and subsequently caught fire then it would not be of much help ,so really its best to mount it on a part of the airframe that can be easily accessed members of the public are not able to use that number only LE's and dont forget to carry your flyer ID with you when flying to show you have done the CAA test ,it demonstrates that you have taken the time and effort to find out the basic drone flying rules and requirement's to be able to fly safely

Reactions: MARK (LI)
the placement of the label in the UK did alter slightly from the original advice from the CAA, with regards to scale model aircraft flyers who complained that a number displayed on the outside of their scale models would distract from the authenticity of said model,the whole concept behind the label is to allow a police officer to check if you have indeed obtained you operator licence
under the battery on the body of the drone is ok, but if it is mounted directly to the battery and that was ejected from the drone in a crash, and subsequently caught fire then it would not be of much help ,so really its best to mount it on a part of the airframe that can be easily accessed members of the public are not able to use that number only LE's and dont forget to carry your flyer ID with you when flying to show you have done the CAA test ,it demonstrates that you have taken the time and effort to find out the basic drone flying rules and requirement's to be able to fly safely
I carry it digitally, not physically. There is no real suitable place apart from the battery to put it on the drone I need it on.
Can't keep up with the changes. Didn't think it applied to drones. I thought it was a dispensation for the model aircraft flyers.
If it needs an operator ID it needs the label.

I don't think you can be overly cautious with the batteries..especially with the Mini 2..just keep in mind that in US the label must be visible from outside the drone...on the battery is specifically addressed and no longer an accepted means of labeling the drone...I hope that numbering them is not considered to be a sign of an obsessive or compulsive person....because I do it also

I think the concern was putting the label inside the battery compartment, not on the battery itself provided it is on the outside. My concern with putting the FAA number on the battery would be that the battery could be ejected in a crash. It also means having to create multiple labels. I have mine labeled on the top behind the front sensors with P-Touch label.

I have my batteries numbered also. It makes sense to make sure you are cycling through the batteries rather than using the same ones over and over again.

Is it appropriate to label a battery rather than the actual drone it goes in?

FPV type so you can see it in the back, and nowhere else seems suitable unless I want to wreck the aerodynamics or make a grass magnet.
I'm confused as to how a sticker could possibly wreck the aerodynamics or am I misunderstanding something?

Kind of a reach...but if the label starts getting unstuck..it could curl at the edges causing an other than smooth surface...when you pay what it costs to buy one of these babies...you can't overthink it

Reactions: TheSnowyPilot
I'm confused as to how a sticker could possibly wreck the aerodynamics or am I misunderstanding something?
The only places big enough have holes, holes built into the frame. Covering one might.

The only places big enough have holes, holes built into the frame. Covering one might.
Ahhh, ok. That makes so much more sense. I was thinking of a normal drone and not FPV.

It has to be visible on the outside of the aircraft.

From the FAA:
"The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has posted a rule in the Federal Register requiring small drone owners to display the FAA-issued registration number on an outside surface of the aircraft. Owners and operators may no longer place or write registration numbers in an interior compartment. "

Find a small label and place it on an arm.

Cheers!
I place the registration number outside and inside in case it falls down during flight, but you are correct now it has to be visible outside.

I do live in the UK, and the rules are the same. Prominently displayed on external surface. How heavy can a label be?
There seems to be some confusion about label placement, due to different rules/different countries. I have MA2 and inside the battery compartment on the drone is perfectly fine.
UK-
Your operator ID must be:
  • visible from the outside, or within a compartment that can easily be accessed without using a tool
  • clear and in block capitals taller than 3mm
  • secure and safe from damage
  • on the main body of the aircraft

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming