DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Laws NC

-MavicMiniPilot

Reactions
Can you fly at these places in NC? Yes or no answers.

-DuPont State Forest
-Mount Mitchel
-Along the blue ridge parkway

The (beautiful) Blue Ridge Parkway is part of the National Park system, so, sorry, can't fly there. That said, the Parkway in some places is quite narrow, so maybe its possible to be outside the parkway and still get some nice shots. The Park Service controls only the ground, and the air above it is FAA. So check the FAA maps, and you should be OK. That said, I don't know North Carolina state laws, which would cover land outside the parkway, so check that too.

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
North Carolina prohibits operating drones from all state parks, too. There are also limitations on operating from all other state property.

-DuPont State Forest
-Mount Mitchel
Last June 2022, I took the NC UAS operators Knowledge Test provided by the NC Division of Aviation
(NC Dept. of Transportation), I have no reason to visit NC yet and I don't know if the passing of the exam provides any rights or benefits. Anyone know? HFTA

-DuPont State Forest
-Mount Mitchel
-DuPont State Forest - Not allowed unless part of an Emergency Operation (SAR etc)

-Mount Mitchel - I'm not sure but highly suspect NOT due to NC restricting them in all State Parks.

-Along the blue ridge parkway - Absolutely not. It's part of the National Park Service and all UAS/Drones are restricted from flying FROM NPS property.

Last June 2022, I took the NC UAS operators Knowledge Test provided by the NC Division of Aviation
(NC Dept. of Transportation), I have no reason to visit NC yet and I don't know if the passing of the exam provides any rights or benefits. Anyone know? HFTA

No it doesn't give any special "permissions" etc. It's just a requirement for Part 107 operations within the state of NC.

No it doesn't give any special "permissions" etc. It's just a requirement for Part 107 operations within the state of NC.
Thanks for the 411..Happy and Safe Flying to All!

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1