DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Map Stitching

Berderg

Reactions
Hello, so I started using DJI Pilot PE for doing mapping of areas. I was just wondering what software people recommend for stitching images together into one? It does not need to be a 3D mapping software. I just want one big 2D aerial view of things. I have looked into Maps Made Easy but the price per month looked expensive. But i did like how it used DJI metadata to figure out where each image went. Please leave suggestions down below.

I use OpenDroneMap to create orthophotos and 3D models from images captured with my Mini 2. So far I've just been manually flying a mapping grid and it copes amazingly well. It is open source and a brilliant piece of software, evolving all the time. You can see examples of the orthophotos I've generated at OpenAerialMap

WELCOME to the forum :)

Do you have the hardware to do local stitching? It takes a fairly robust system. I'm running a fairly robust laptop and processing locally using MetaShape and it's going GREAT but I spent some coin on building this laptop for that very reason. I could purchase a LOT of map stitching for what I sunk into this laptop.

MME has a fairly good subscription plan if you have the work to handle it. Otherwise you can "Buy Credits" and pay as you go with them.

WELCOME to the forum :)

Do you have the hardware to do local stitching? It takes a fairly robust system. I'm running a fairly robust laptop and processing locally using MetaShape and it's going GREAT but I spent some coin on building this laptop for that very reason. I could purchase a LOT of map stitching for what I sunk into this laptop.

MME has a fairly good subscription plan if you have the work to handle it. Otherwise you can "Buy Credits" and pay as you go with them.
Big Al, would you provide the details of your “fairly robust laptop” if you feel you wouldn’t be giving away too many trade secrets? Completely understood if you would prefer not to identify the laptop configuration as this is part of your business operations. Thanks in advance for all of your help and guidance on this forum.

Reactions: BigAl07
It's a SAGER system built by GenTechPC

I upgraded every line item to it's MAX option with emphasis on Dual SSD drives, Robust Graphics Card, and Max RAM

Sager NP7879PQ-S (CLEVO NH77HPQ) 144Hz nVidia RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6, 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11800H
[Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut on CPU/GPU]
[Fujipoly Ultra Extreme Thermal Pads on necessary area for optimal cooling performance]
[Screen:17.3" 1920x1080 LED Matte-Type, @144Hz 3ms anti-glare 100% sRGB, IPS-Level, 72% NTSC]
[Dead Pixel Warranty:Standard Manufacturer Dead Pixel Warranty]
[Graphics Controller:nVidia GeForce RTX3060 6GB GDDR6 Max-P]
[CPU Tiger Lake 11th Gen 10nm:11th Gen Intel Tiger Lake Core i7-11800H, 2.4GHz~4.6GHz 8 cores 16 threads, 10nm, 24MB 45W]
[RAM Sager -64GB 3200MHz Standard:16GB DDR4 2933MHz/PC4 23400 (32G X 2)]
[PCIe SSD Slot 1 - Sager Special:1TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIe NVMe SSD]
[PCIe SSD Slot 2 - Sager:1TB Gen-3 4X Lane SSD]
[OS Drive Installation Option:OS Installation on PCIe SSD slot 1]
[Ethernet Controller:Gigabit Ethernet Controller RJ45]
[WiFi / Bluetooth:Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 + Bluetooth 5.1]
[AC Adapter:One 180W AC Adapter included]
[Power Cord:US Power Cord]
[Operating System:Microsoft Windows 11 Professional 64 bit Factory Pre-installed, no installation media ]
[OS Clean Installation Option:Clean Windows Installation, no bloatwares, BIOS update and drivers optimization ]
[Windows Recovery USB:Windows® 10 64-Bit Edition USB Recovery Media]
[Warranty:Life-time GenTech PC Labor Warranty / 1 Year Parts Warranty, Lifetime Toll-Free Technical Support]

It's a SAGER system built by GenTechPC

I upgraded every line item to it's MAX option with emphasis on Dual SSD drives, Robust Graphics Card, and Max RAM

Sager NP7879PQ-S (CLEVO NH77HPQ) 144Hz nVidia RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6, 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11800H
[Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut on CPU/GPU]
[Fujipoly Ultra Extreme Thermal Pads on necessary area for optimal cooling performance]
[Screen:17.3" 1920x1080 LED Matte-Type, @144Hz 3ms anti-glare 100% sRGB, IPS-Level, 72% NTSC]
[Dead Pixel Warranty:Standard Manufacturer Dead Pixel Warranty]
[Graphics Controller:nVidia GeForce RTX3060 6GB GDDR6 Max-P]
[CPU Tiger Lake 11th Gen 10nm:11th Gen Intel Tiger Lake Core i7-11800H, 2.4GHz~4.6GHz 8 cores 16 threads, 10nm, 24MB 45W]
[RAM Sager -64GB 3200MHz Standard:16GB DDR4 2933MHz/PC4 23400 (32G X 2)]
[PCIe SSD Slot 1 - Sager Special:1TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIe NVMe SSD]
[PCIe SSD Slot 2 - Sager:1TB Gen-3 4X Lane SSD]
[OS Drive Installation Option:OS Installation on PCIe SSD slot 1]
[Ethernet Controller:Gigabit Ethernet Controller RJ45]
[WiFi / Bluetooth:Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 + Bluetooth 5.1]
[AC Adapter:One 180W AC Adapter included]
[Power Cord:US Power Cord]
[Operating System:Microsoft Windows 11 Professional 64 bit Factory Pre-installed, no installation media ]
[OS Clean Installation Option:Clean Windows Installation, no bloatwares, BIOS update and drivers optimization ]
[Windows Recovery USB:Windows® 10 64-Bit Edition USB Recovery Media]
[Warranty:Life-time GenTech PC Labor Warranty / 1 Year Parts Warranty, Lifetime Toll-Free Technical Support]
Thanks Al for the technical specs. You are well equipped with your laptop configuration as I can attest. I appreciate your willingness to share your info. Best wishes.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks Al for the technical specs. You are well equipped with your laptop configuration as I can attest. I appreciate your willingness to share your info. Best wishes.

My pleasure. I'm VERY pleased with how well it handles my stitching needs and I'm also able to BATCH process my HDR images insanely fast. I can batch 25 (75 AEBs) HDR's in less than 3 minutes that was taking me more like 35 minutes until this new laptop. Huge time savings.

I use OpenDroneMap to create orthophotos and 3D models from images captured with my Mini 2. So far I've just been manually flying a mapping grid and it copes amazingly well. It is open source and a brilliant piece of software, evolving all the time. You can see examples of the orthophotos I've generated at OpenAerialMap
Thanks so much! I ended up purchasing WebODM and it has been working great. It ended up being very easy to use and was a one time payment. I have been using DJIs Pilot PE for my mapping, it did not have the Mavic 2 Camera settings but I was able to put them in and it works great for mapping.
Thanks again!

Reactions: ralley
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98