DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone mask 2

Any good? I am thinking of getting one for my air 2s and mini 2 Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with one of these.

I bought the original and ended up not using it. I had too much eye strain when looking toward the sides of the image. I found an article that discussed it once, and it suggested over time your eyes may adjust. Didn't work for me.

Since I'm a solo pilot/photographer, I never use goggles.

I also have bought a mask2, I have only usrd it a couple of times and I must say the details that you can see on your phone are very good, I must also say that flying partially blind is a disturbing experience as you can not gat a panoramic veiw of the area you are in it is very much like tunnel vision. I do think with more practice it will be an easier and more rewarding exoerience.

I had one and liked it. My issue was the weight. My phone was a Note 8 and the best picture had it extended all the way out. After just a few minutes it felt heavy.

My experience with Drone Mask

- Cuts glare 100%
- Agree wearing the mask impacts real world awareness, but it's not hard to raise it and lower it on my face to take a glimpse if I feel the need to.
- LOT smaller than Hood Man (I have one of those too). I use either one depending on the flight.
- Kinda heavy on my nose, but adding soft foam around the nose area of the mask helped a lot.
- This may not apply, but just for the record. I must wear eyeglasses and I have double vision to boot. I went through 5 pairs of eyeglasses with my eye doctor until we got to a workable solution. He was very interested in the mask and drones and persevered with me to get it right. Focal distance of about 4-5 inches made that especially challenging. If you don't wear eyeglasses, should not be an issue.
- Agree that detail on the phone is very good.

All I can think of ...
Enjoy pilotting !

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian