DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone News and Reviews reveals brand new retail version photos of the DJI Mav3 for it's Nov 5 Release. Looks Great!

Is it just me or does that look EXPENSIVE? And the Cine Edition.... Oh MY!!

By contrast, the Cine Edition contains 1 TB of built-in storage; the standard and Fly More Combo versions only have 8 GB of storage and a microSD card reader.
This doesn’t mean you can’t use a sd card does it ?

Reactions: Droniac
I'm kinda wondering why a 1TB drive in the Cine? Is it meant for people that have no access to a PC to off load files for weeks on end? When I bought my Air2 I bought like 3 256GB cards for it thinking I'd fill them all up. Even burning through all my batteries a couple times I've barely put a dent in one of the cards and 2 of them are still new in my case. Granted I'm just out messing around...

Can someone smarter than me explain the reasoning behind such a big internal drive? Could they be planning for swappable higher res cameras or different payloads that generate a lot more data?

I'm kinda wondering why a 1TB drive in the Cine? Is it meant for people that have no access to a PC to off load files for weeks on end? When I bought my Air2 I bought like 3 256GB cards for it thinking I'd fill them all up. Even burning through all my batteries a couple times I've barely put a dent in one of the cards and 2 of them are still new in my case. Granted I'm just out messing around...

Can someone smarter than me explain the reasoning behind such a big internal drive? Could they be planning for swappable higher res cameras or different payloads that generate a lot more data?

IIRC the ProRes 422 HQ creates a TON of data in a very short period of time. Not really what we "consumers" can (or would want to) fully utilize but the Big Boys want all the DATA they can get so they can make their MOVIE magic.

IIRC the ProRes 422 HQ creates a TON of data in a very short period of time. Not really what we "consumers" can (or would want to) fully utilize but the Big Boys want all the DATA they can get so they can make their MOVIE magic.
Holy crap...I just did some Googling... It looks like its around 4GB per minute. I guess the 1TB makes a ton of sense now. haha

Just looking at the new style arms. Thin and flat; like a wing. But as it tilts to fly forward or backward, that "wing" will have a negative angle of attack, creating negative lift, making the motors work harder to maintain altitude. Other thoughts?

Holy crap...I just did some Googling... It looks like its around 4GB per minute. I guess the 1TB makes a ton of sense now. haha
The size of the file doesn’t just create a storage issue. The bigger concern is SD cards can’t transfer data quickly enough for ProRes and Raw video formats. That’s why the inspire 2 has a SD card slot of standard HD/4K but you need a CineSSD in order to record in ProRes/Raw.

Just looking at the new style arms. Thin and flat; like a wing. But as it tilts to fly forward or backward, that "wing" will have a negative angle of attack, creating negative lift, making the motors work harder to maintain altitude. Other thoughts?

The thinner the "arms" the quieter it will be, as some of the noise drones generate is from the prop passing over the "arms". If they can make them thinner but with the same strength, that's probably why they did it, along with keeping overall aircraft weight down. Just a guess.

As for the negative lift thought, I can only assume it's either a non-issue or DJI's engineers have accounted for it in a way they are satisfied with. I suspect they are not actually shaped such that they interfere with lift characteristics in a meaningful way. They have the resources and the know-how for all the necessary airframe testing.

With these specs - there will be people trying to see if they are accurate or even close.

"Moreover, the Mavic 3 has a 5,000 mAh battery that should provide up to a 30 km range and 46 minutes of flight time. The drone itself can scale to 6 km in altitude too and is controller by DJI's new RC Pro controller, a successor to the company's Smart Controller."

With these specs - there will be people trying to see if they are accurate or even close.

"Moreover, the Mavic 3 has a 5,000 mAh battery that should provide up to a 30 km range and 46 minutes of flight time. The drone itself can scale to 6 km in altitude too and is controller by DJI's new RC Pro controller, a successor to the company's Smart Controller."

5000mAh battery I believe has been confirmed by actual photos of the battery. Mavic 2 batteries are 3850mAh. Nothing out of the ordinary there really. 5000mAh 4S LiPos are common in the RC car world as well, and they result in roughly 30-40minute run times in those applications as well.

30KM range is likely the advertised 15KM range X2 (out & back), which it can probably do with a 40+ minute battery. That being said I did see the spec sheet mentioned Occusync 3+ (plus) so maybe there is a surprise there. I doubt it is 30KM range though, as it has to get back.

The maximum service ceiling is 6000m, that is exactly the same as the Mavic 2 and nothing special really. It doesn't mean you can fly from sea level to 6000m necessarily, it means if you take off from the side of a mountain that is already at 5000m, the drone will still be able to fly in some capacity.

That particular quote reads like a bad translation, so there might be a language barrier there as well.

I really like the looks of it personally - it keeps the classic Mavic design while still looking like something modern and different. I think the rear-mounted batteries are a big part of that and is a better way to go about it in general.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does that look EXPENSIVE? And the Cine Edition.... Oh MY!!
I first bought the Mavic Mini for Christmas 2019. It was my first drone and I learned a lot. I saved up and worked really hard to upgrade after a 24 month cycle, and this is the device it was for. The “Air 2S” was foreplay...this is the real thing...

I wish it were $3,000 to separate the pros from the joes. #sarc

5000mAh battery I believe has been confirmed by actual photos of the battery. Mavic 2 batteries are 3850mAh. Nothing out of the ordinary there really. 5000mAh 4S LiPos are common in the RC car world as well, and they result in roughly 30-40minute run times in those applications as well.

30KM range is likely the advertised 15KM range X2 (out & back), which it can probably do with a 40+ minute battery. That being said I did see the spec sheet mentioned Occusync 3+ (plus) so maybe there is a surprise there. I doubt it is 30KM range though, as it has to get back.

The maximum service ceiling is 6000m, that is exactly the same as the Mavic 2 and nothing special really. It doesn't mean you can fly from sea level to 6000m necessarily, it means if you take off from the side of a mountain that is already at 5000m, the drone will still be able to fly in some capacity.

That particular quote reads like a bad translation, so there might be a language barrier there as well.

I really like the looks of it personally - it keeps the classic Mavic design while still looking like something modern and different. I think the rear-mounted batteries are a big part of that and is a better way to go about it in general.
3B319A5E-9937-4006-9372-74793BF6BF04.jpeg
8514BFCE-3ED3-433A-93C8-083B52F63160.png
It’s gonna be my flying 🐸!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
9BD1A11A-7E07-4298-8C7F-16149907FEAD.jpegFF83A82F-6CB9-42A0-BC57-79B9A0409DEB.png
By far and away the most beautiful drone I’ve ever seen. Since the Chinese are so good at stealing intellectual property and technology from the West...it doesn’t surprise me that they have the audacity to steal God’s design for the flying frog...🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have mine on 11/5. Well technically, 11/10. I'll be on vacation until then, but will pay for it and my supplier will hold it for me.

It won't be cheap. My sources (who are more than likely correct) say the M3 will be $2199, M3 Fly More will be $2999, and the Cine Premium version will be $4999.

I'll be posting pics after the 11th. Unless I have my store ship it to Boston for me. Which I won't do.

I'm looking forward to the videos from Sam Kolder and others on the 5th. We know they've already got one and have been playing with it while we sit on our hands drooling...

I'll have mine on 11/5. Well technically, 11/10. I'll be on vacation until then, but will pay for it and my supplier will hold it for me.

It won't be cheap. My sources (who are more than likely correct) say the M3 will be $2199, M3 Fly More will be $2999, and the Cine Premium version will be $4999.

I'll be posting pics after the 11th. Unless I have my store ship it to Boston for me. Which I won't do.
Do you think supplies are gonna be scarce on this item? I wonder if one could get the Mavic 3 for $2200 and flip it on launch day for FedEx Overnight for 3K

Do you think supplies are gonna be scarce on this item? I wonder if one could get the Mavic 3 for $2200 and flip it on launch day for FedEx Overnight for 3K
That is the $1M question. With supply chain disruptions, and DJI not being able to ship them by air, it remains to be seen.

We are starting to see some leaked pics from Best Buy warehouses, but we'll see...

I doubt you'll be able to flip it that well though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty