DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone operation in Redhook, Brooklyn

DigitalAli

Reactions
Hi, I am Part 107 certified and have been asked By a University to take photos of a local farm in Redhook, Brooklyn. The area is clear to fly according to B4UFly but i understand drones are prohibited throughout NYC.

Is there a way i can perform this task at all? We have permission from the farm.

I dont understand how other people are doing drone operations as a business if city laws are so prohibitive?

Thanks
-Ali

Reactions: projectarjun
Greetings! Check out the location and airspace restrictions (if any) on the FAA website

Hi, I am Part 107 certified and have been asked By a University to take photos of a local farm in Redhook, Brooklyn. The area is clear to fly according to B4UFly but i understand drones are prohibited throughout NYC.

Is there a way i can perform this task at all? We have permission from the farm.

I dont understand how other people are doing drone operations as a business if city laws are so prohibitive?

Thanks
-Ali
All of NYC, including the East River is no fly, despite getting all clear in B4UFLY...Most of the city is within class B air space....but even if you were to get LAANC the only legal places to fly are NYC parks mentioned in the link below

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3