DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Orphan

icecoldgin

Reactions
My Mini has been missing for more than a week already and thus far, all efforts to recover it has been futile.

Looks like I am going to be a drone orphan until:

a. the warranty claim is resolved in my favor and I get a replacement Mini; or,
b. by some chance the Mini is recovered, has no major damages and can still fly; or,
c. I pull the plug on a Mini 2 or the Mavic Air 2; or,
d. wait if there are any new drone models to be released the 1st quarter of 2021 (Mavic Air 3 or Sony Airpeak) and then decide.

I am itching to fly a drone again and all this waiting is torture.

My fingers are trembling.... need controller joysticks .... need to hear the sound of quad rotors humming ....... ? ? ? ?

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Have you filed a claim with DJI? It’s sounds like maybe, but there’s no mention of their refresh warranty.

Have you posted flight logs, so that others can pinpoint exactly where she went down? It could help you retrieve it...and it could do no harm. If the Mini is recovered, it will likely fly again, unless it’s sitting in saltwater. The battery will be garbage in any event.

Seems as how you’re ‘itching to fly a drone a again’, waiting for MA3, or particularly a drone from Sony, doesn’t seem likely. It sounds like you have the classic case of “drown withdrawal syndrome”. I’ve had experience with it...check my preferences below.???

Just some things to consider. Best wishes.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Have you filed a claim with DJI? It’s sounds like maybe, but there’s no mention of their refresh warranty.

Have you posted flight logs, so that others can pinpoint exactly where she went down? It could help you retrieve it...and it could do no harm. If the Mini is recovered, it will likely fly again, unless it’s sitting in saltwater. The battery will be garbage in any event.

Seems as how you’re ‘itching to fly a drone a again’, waiting for MA3, or particularly a drone from Sony, doesn’t seem likely. It sounds like you have the classic case of “drown withdrawal syndrome”. I’ve had experience with it...check my preferences below.???

Just some things to consider. Best wishes.
Refresh is out the window even if he had it, he doesn't have the drone, he is talking standard warranty see his post here: Crashed my Mini, Need Help Analyzing Flight Data A air 3 is out the window till at least late 2nd quarter 2021 as well and Sony? That isn't even worth a thought (I'm getting the GoPro Karma jitters on that). He needs to post logs if he hasn't already like you said (Just noted that he has). Other than that, he is going to have to replace what he lost, or move up to something new unfortunately. But seems he had a motor issue while landing/descending full thread here: Crashed my Mini, Need Help Analyzing Flight Data

Last edited:
the sad part is when your drone is sitting at home all safe and sound ,then you have the option of going flying or not depending on your personal circumstances ,and outside influences ,the only way to overcome this situation ,is to have at least two drones that are airworthy ,that way you can keep flying while one is in for repair ,this hobby is addictive and we always want the latest and greatest model out there ,this is why we get so disheartened and down when we cant fly

the sad part is when your drone is sitting at home all safe and sound ,then you have the option of going flying or not depending on your personal circumstances ,and outside influences ,the only way to overcome this situation ,is to have at least two drones that are airworthy ,that way you can keep flying while one is in for repair ,this hobby is addictive and we always want the latest and greatest model out there ,this is why we get so disheartened and down when we cant fly

I feel for the guy, and have a soft spot in my heart for the Philippines, not sure if he is native there or possible Ex-Pat. The sickening feeling of a lost or crashed hobby aircraft is never easy. I know it all to well. At present I have one aircraft in repair, and one totally "newish" (A "Bunch" of little fly around toy versions though). But not being able to fly is really a bummer. Hope DJI finds in his favor or he finds his drone. But let's face it just because DJI has made these things affordable in a lower tier, doesn't change the old adage: It's not if you crash, it's when. And mine is: Better buy two, one will never do......If you can only afford one, better to buy none.

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know, all's well that end's well.

I got my replacement Mini but before that I also pulled the plug on an MA2.

Trembling resolved. Now at peace with the universe.

Thumbswayup ;)

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000