DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Positioning

marciosantos

Reactions
Hello Guys,

Anyone knows the best way to point the antenas to the drone using Deflectors?

There is the attitude indicator,that seems to indicate it, but i could not properly identify how to use it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• pos_20180914-151809.jpg
    pos_20180914-151809.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 55
The flat side of the antennas should be parallel to each other and facing the Mavic.

The flat side of the antennas should be parallel to each other and facing the Mavic.
Yes, for sure.

But I am talking about the way to correctly point the antenas to the drone using deflectors, deflectors makes the signal directional instead of omnidirectional, increasing the signal at longer ranges.

So it is very important to point the controller to the drone to get the better signal as possible.

Aim the tip of the red craft at the white triangle.
Thanks Jack, I think you got it!

I will test it at my next flight. Maybe it will depend on the direction of the drone. The tip of red craft when it is going out and the back when it is returning.

2018-09-14%2020.36.05.jpeg

Thanks Jack, I think you got it!

I will test it at my next flight. Maybe it will depend on the direction of the drone. The tip of red craft when it is going out and the back when it is returning.

View attachment 46548

Yes, that's right: the tip should be pointing directly at the center homepoint when you're returning.

In my experience, this is hugely useful, since I often don't realize my MA is quite where I think it is. On the other hand, it can occasionally be off by ten degrees or so, usually, I suspect, because the compass in your phone or tablet needs to be recalibrated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh