DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Purchase Recommendation

Yep, I saw the #26 post. I have never been a fan of refurbished (especially electronic) items.
Did you add any protection plan for your drones?
What's the "combo" in the name?
What is the "fly more" in the description?
I've had very good luck with refurbs on digital cameras and computers. With a 30-day return and warranty, I don't see much risk.

I bought the DJI Care Refresh option for my first drone, and it made me feel better while getting comfortable. I'm not sure I'd pay for it on a future drone. I developed a lot of confidence in the performance and reliability of the drones themselves and I realized that almost all "fly-aways" were the result of pilot error, usually something basic like flying until the batteries were depleted. I realized that the drone wasn't likely to go whizzing off without me giving it a reason. I often fly over water and dense woods and marshes. The DJI Care Refresh package loses some of its value to more because it does apply if you can't return the drone or a sack full of broken pieces. Look at the details of what it covers and check the fee for a replacement; it's in addition to the initial cost.

You might check into State Farm or another insurer if you have a homeowner's policy. Several people here have reported getting good coverage for $60/yr or so.

The Mini, Mini 2, Air 2S, and some other DJI drones are sold in a couple of packages. The basic option provides the drone, controller, one battery, cables, and spare props. The DJI Fly More Combo adds two more batteries, a case, more spare props, and ND filters. You can see the detailed list of items for both options on the DJI website. Here's the page for the Mini 2: Buy DJI Mini 2 - DJI Store. The biggest advantage of the Fly More Combo is the two additional batteries.

When you're looking at DJI Minis, be aware that there are three versions. The original Mini, the Mini 2 (better performance, better camera, more features) and the Mini SE (bare bones version).

I've had very good luck with refurbs on digital cameras and computers. With a 30-day return and warranty, I don't see much risk.

I bought the DJI Care Refresh option for my first drone, and it made me feel better while getting comfortable. I'm not sure I'd pay for it on a future drone. I developed a lot of confidence in the performance and reliability of the drones themselves and I realized that almost all "fly-aways" were the result of pilot error, usually something basic like flying until the batteries were depleted. I realized that the drone wasn't likely to go whizzing off without me giving it a reason. I often fly over water and dense woods and marshes. The DJI Care Refresh package loses some of its value to more because it does apply if you can't return the drone or a sack full of broken pieces. Look at the details of what it covers and check the fee for a replacement; it's in addition to the initial cost.

You might check into State Farm or another insurer if you have a homeowner's policy. Several people here have reported getting good coverage for $60/yr or so.

The Mini, Mini 2, Air 2S, and some other DJI drones are sold in a couple of packages. The basic option provides the drone, controller, one battery, cables, and spare props. The DJI Fly More Combo adds two more batteries, a case, more spare props, and ND filters. You can see the detailed list of items for both options on the DJI website. Here's the page for the Mini 2: Buy DJI Mini 2 - DJI Store. The biggest advantage of the Fly More Combo is the two additional batteries.

When you're looking at DJI Minis, be aware that there are three versions. The original Mini, the Mini 2 (better performance, better camera, more features) and the Mini SE (bare bones version).
Thank you for your info.
Same pics are usually used in the different models. This one has three batteries.
It has the three batteries, case, gimbal which are what drew me to it. Though it does not say "fly more".
How About This Mini Combo?

Thank you for your info.
Same pics are usually used in the different models. This one has three batteries.
It has the three batteries, case, gimbal which are what drew me to it. Though it does not say "fly more".
How About This Mini Combo?
Plesae disregard my question about a drone. I just purchased something. Will be back if I have some questions.

Got my DJI Mavic Mini Fly More.
I am happy I got the extra battery; living in Alaska. The three-charging dock is really nice, I love it. Today I could not wait, I started playing with the drone by getting the units all charged up, downloading the app and setting it all up. Quite a lot to set up. Watched lots of video and some setup articles also. Initially I could not connect the aircraft, but later I figured out the process of powering up the devices.

I could not test flight it indoors due to GPS unavailability. I have some questions for your pros.
1. Why is there no GPS reception indoors if I can map on my iPhone's GPS, find an address in town?
2. The temperature tomorrow will be about 5F. With the drone in room temperature, taken to the car and brought out outdoors in the cold, would it be able to fly comfortably for a short time; just to test fly the new toy?

Cheers

Well that's great, should be an awesome intro to the DJI drone world.

Your questions.

1. GPS reception.
Yes, it is odd. I have no trouble at all with GPS for anything indoors, even the drones (M1P / Spark).
I don't fly inside anyway, too much outdoors to get to see.

It could just be your part of the world and GPS satellite positioning, but you'd think if you can get phone GPS inside, you should be able to get drone GPS too,

You could fly inside, the Mini 2 has downward vision (VPS) so it can hold position if . . . a) lighting is good, and b) there is a patterned floor, like checkered tiles type of thing for it to 'read'.

2. Temperature.
Operating temp for the Mini 2 is 32f - 104f, so quite a bit colder than DJI state should be flown in.
Perhaps cold weather flyers could speak up and advise, but I'd say having the batteries in your pocket / close to body to keep them warm is best bet for VERY short flight.
Then again, if you haven't flown it before, or other DJI drones, I'd skip it for a warmer day (if that's likely for some months ??!!).

The Mini 2 manual is online with this info, hopefully you've read it pretty well by now, but just in case . . .

Enjoy the Mini 2, don't forget to snap a first ever photo with it, make it a selfie ! Good to remember the occasion.

Reactions: Gagey52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU