DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Registration - It’s time for this to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this stuff is despicable. I recently also learned about the poorly written requests for videography and mapping promising work where really they just your account numbers. As in all things, people target our community of drone pilots and enthusiasts. Be vigilant, always.

I think that this stuff is despicable. I recently also learned about the poorly written requests for videography and mapping promising work where really they just your account numbers. As in all things, people target our community of drone pilots and enthusiasts. Be vigilant, always.
Its important to know the difference between .gov site and a .com site, especially when using credit card to pay for services. The website in question has disclaimer: This website is not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or FAADroneZone. BTW @TonyPHX, Chuck Norris doesn’t read books or webpages. He just stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Its important to know the difference between .gov site and a .com site, especially when using credit card to pay for services. The website in question has disclaimer: This website is not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or FAADroneZone. BTW @TonyPHX, Chuck Norris doesn’t read books or webpages. He just stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
Agreed but, while I don’t know anything about this particular site, many scam sites deliberately do their best to make it look like an official site and try to cover themselves with fine print at the bottom (again, not Suggesting that’s the case here, but I see this all the time). This is also common in corporate registrations (establish an LLC and you’ll probably get scam emails and possibly letters that look really official about Annual registration, and for only $200, meanwhile doing it through the actual government site is $50 and actually quicker).

The worst is a couple of companies that send this stuff to nonprofits that rely on government grants. They email low-level administrators (meaning secretaries) to ”renew” registration in a particular government system that is simply a matter of filling out a brief form online. The secretary just pays the money to do it rather than bother the boss. Complete scam (and stealing from both the nonprofit and the taxpayers).

I also made this mistake. I went to renew my number and it's been 3 years. Figured things have changed. Flylegit llc took my $42 dollars and now I am assuming it should be rejected because there is already a LEGIT number issued by the faa for the drone I tried to renew. Their website is a funnel to anything but a resolution. Maybe not a scam but seriously makes it think you are registering first party when indeed you are not. I would love my money back, but since there is little to no way to actually talk to someone there to get it straight not sure what will be the result. As of now it seems like one drone has been registered twice for me. Not cool

We get this question a lot too. Other than education, and outlets like your channel, I don't really see a way to stop this. If it's an outright scam, they can be shut down. But so many of these shysters actually register your drone, and you're "only" paying for the stickers they send or the convenience of not having to do it yourself.

Both of which are obviously nonsense. Especially the convenience factor.
Third party FAA drone registration websites will charge you 25 bucks to register a drone instead of just 5 bucks
(Hi twin!)

• Haha
Reactions: flylegitllc
I also made this mistake. I went to renew my number and it's been 3 years. Figured things have changed. Flylegit llc took my $42 dollars and now I am assuming it should be rejected because there is already a LEGIT number issued by the faa for the drone I tried to renew. Their website is a funnel to anything but a resolution. Maybe not a scam but seriously makes it think you are registering first party when indeed you are not. I would love my money back, but since there is little to no way to actually talk to someone there to get it straight not sure what will be the result. As of now it seems like one drone has been registered twice for me. Not cool
Thundrone77...we have multiple methods available to get in touch with us (support ticket and email). Please contact us through our website at Support Center — FAA Drone Registration or by email at [email protected] so we can assist you. Please do this soon because right now we have no idea who you are. We state on every page on our website that we are not the FAA, in addition to being hosted on a ".com" (commercial) domain name.

We state on every page on our website that we are not the FAA, in addition to being hosted on a ".com" (commercial) domain name.
You should state on every page that your so-called "company" is just a scam, taking advantage of uninformed noobs, and that there's NOTHING you do that anyone can't get done cheaper and easier by themselves.

It's the height of irony that this company uses the word "legit" in their name.

Thanks for your feedback Aerophile, we'll get right on that. 👍
It would be nice if you would just leave the industry. That would be something to get right on.

It would be nice if you would just leave the industry. That would be something to get right on.
The fact that they laugh at comments like this (& mine) tell you everything you need to know about this shyster company.

Sorry gang but this is going down a VERY slippery slope.

Thread CLOSED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer