Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Drone Registration - It’s time for this to stop!

Maviac

Reactions
We get this question a lot too. Other than education, and outlets like your channel, I don't really see a way to stop this. If it's an outright scam, they can be shut down. But so many of these shysters actually register your drone, and you're "only" paying for the stickers they send or the convenience of not having to do it yourself.

Both of which are obviously nonsense. Especially the convenience factor.
I’ve been considering filing a class-action lawsuit against these folks but have been hoping the government would shut them down first. Selling stickers doesn’t mean they’re not committing fraud.

spudster

Reactions
Site
kuula.co
As long as they don't make false promises and provide the services they offer, it is not a scam. This not new for TRUST, you see this for everything from birth or death certificates to passports. Does it pray on the uninformed? Could be or some may just think it is easier that way. If the person gets what is promised then there is no fraud.

There are lots of places selling registration stickers for $6 to $13. Is that fraud?

How is this different buying a car (or any other product)? After you buy your car you find that someone else got the same car for a lot less. Is that a scam or fraud? No. Could they have told you that you are paying too much? Sure, but that does not constitute fraud.

RUFFSTUFF

Watch Me Now
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just checked about the TRUST certificate. It's not free. $14.99 w/o photo and $24.99 with.
It is 100% free. If you paid more than that you just gave your money away. And there is no picture requirement or a need for one.

You can check all day, many of us have already done it. More than many in fact.

RUFFSTUFF

Watch Me Now
Premium Pilot
Reactions
As long as they don't make false promises and provide the services they offer, it is not a scam. This not new for TRUST, you see this for everything from birth or death certificates to passports. Does it pray on the uninformed? Could be or some may just think it is easier that way. If the person gets what is promised then there is no fraud.

How is this different buying a car (or any other product)? After you buy your car you find that someone else got the same car for a lot less. Is that a scam or fraud? No. Could they have told you that you are paying too much? Sure, but that does not constitute fraud.
This is what makes it fraud. None of the approved test administrators charge a fee.

1626897310236.png

Reactions: KaiservonPoopChute
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 2 Case

DJI Drone Deals

1. Mavic Mini (renewed) - $309
2. Mini 2 - $449
3. Air 2 (renewed) - $699
4. Air 2s - $999
5. FPV Combo - $1299
6. Mavic 2 Zoom - $1349
7. Mavic 2 Pro - $1599

New Threads