DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone rules in Philippines

Fines are typically pretty cheap but note that for the 2nd offence they will confiscate your drone. That's not so cheap.

Took this picture from the rules book in my hotel in subic Philippines. Maybe they don't know only the FAA can regulate drones.

View attachment 169781
It might be a good idea to learn the country's drone rules before you fly. Their agency equivalent that is to the FAA is called the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).

Reactions: SWTSU
Fines are typically pretty cheap but note that for the 2nd offence they will confiscate your drone. That's not so cheap.
About US$1,000? What's the fine for the first offense in the US?

Reactions: shb
It would all depend on what the offense was. Typically You would get a warning. For a serious one you could get a hefty fine and even jail time. Like I said all depends on the the offense

So for this particular example, in this case the drone pilot flew his drone too close or into a prohibited area....let's say a government vital installation let's say a nuclear power plant. In the US, the app says no fly, drones prohibited and so does the sign. You fly in, you fly over, you fly away. What's the fine, $100, $200, $500?

So for this particular example, in this case the drone pilot flew his drone too close or into a prohibited area....let's say a government vital installation let's say a nuclear power plant. In the US, the app says no fly, drones prohibited and so does the sign. You fly in, you fly over, you fly away. What's the fine, $100, $200, $500?
This post is about fines in the Philippines.
So for this particular example the first offense would cost $17.64 US at the current exchange rate.

Right now there are no active nuclear power plants in the Philippines. Never have been. I don't know what government installations they're talking about. Maybe military bases. Very surprising this hotel would put that in their rules.

Right now there are no active nuclear power plants in the Philippines. Never have been. I don't know what government installations they're talking about. Maybe military bases. Very surprising this hotel would put that in their rules.
Yep sure it was just an example. Let's say it's a coal plant and it has been designated as a critical government infrastructure. Or, as you suggested a military base. You fly over a military base in your country, the fine is an $18 fee for first time, just like I mentioned in post #2. How much could that fine be in America for flying a drone over a military base for the first time, that was my question. But I just threw that out there, it doesn't have to be answered. I don't fly over such places that are off limits in the US, so I'm just curious that's all it was.

Maybe the hotel is near one of these prohibited installations and some their guests have run afoul of the law in the past. It would be like the "don't park in the no parking zone in front of our business or your car will be towed" sorts of signs I see from time to time in businesses here in North America.

Yep sure it was just an example. Let's say it's a coal plant and it has been designated as a critical government infrastructure. Or, as you suggested a military base. You fly over a military base in your country, the fine is an $18 fee for first time, just like I mentioned in post #2. How much could that fine be in America for flying a drone over a military base for the first time, that was my question. But I just threw that out there, it doesn't have to be answered. I don't fly over such places that are off limits in the US, so I'm just curious that's all it was.
If you ever got the first fine, you'd be stupid to fly there again and lose your drone!

Reactions: mavic3usa
In the US there are two types of fines that can be assessed depending on the infraction. For civil penalties, there is no minimum but it can be up to $27,000. For criminal (like flying over a prison and dropping drugs) you can go to jail and/or fined up to $250,000. There have been a few incidents of criminal offenses committed on power substations but the perpetrators have never been caught. I personally fly far, far away from critical infrastructure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4