DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Seized

I agree. Shame on such people. Anyway, I'll finish off this conversation where you can take a few minutes and listen to a lawyer discuss the legal aspects which make these types of situation so complicated and prevalent and open to abuse. Obviously it's not 1-for-1 but you might get the point:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Ahhhh.. civil forfeiture. You are so right, I don’t have the time or patience to point out to you how civil forfeiture works. But one thing I can promise you, no one.. NO ONE wants to go through the time or paperwork it takes to go to any judge with civil forfeiture on a drone. You would be laughed out of his office and ruin your career. And just because you hate the guy, and want to keep his stuff, You can’t. Stop watching fake police shows and YouTube videos claiming how the government is after everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: mavic3usa
Ahhhh.. civil forfeiture. You are so right, I don’t have the time or patience to point out to you how civil forfeiture works. But one thing I can promise you, no one.. NO ONE wants to go through the time or paperwork it takes to go to any judge with civil forfeiture on a drone. You would be laughed out of his office and ruin your career. And just because you hate the guy, and want to keep his stuff, You can’t. Stop watching fake police shows and YouTube videos claiming how the government is after everyone.
Yep got it. Have a good day!

Lets not forget that somehow this person was arrested. I am not the one to be saying what happened BUT if this Happened in the U.S. The police would need more than just a compliant to ARREST you. Of course they can investigate a claim BUT to actually arrest someone there must have been at least a few witnesses. If those people are lying I sure hate it for them! Now you could have very well been flying around with NO intent at all to video this person (and I believe you OP) and maybe the OP was arrested for violating something by flying the Drone..Who Knows. It would seem to me that they would need proof that you are actually videoing what they are accusing you of, BEFORE They could arrest you for it. If they did that and found something they would take the drone to the boys at the lab ( too much Columbo lol) and have the deleted stuff looked at. If they did that you may just get back a "Kit". SURE! Then you could sue "Can you smell the horses commin" lol. BUT You will tire of that.......

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic3usa
If anyone wants to see what it looks like to have your drone seized by the UK police, check it out after the 16min mark (not me, not my video):

Reactions: AeroJ
Having just owned my dji mavic air 2 for only a month,I was visited by Humberside police in January of this year and arrested on suspicion of stalking and harassment and my drone combo was seized.After the investigation was over and after numerous attempts to claim my property back i have been fobbed off by the investigating officer DC1252 Watson.I said when I was arrested (when am I going to get my drone back) The reply from her was ( when the investigation is complete).Well,that was a lie and I'm still waiting for my £1000 bird back.
The fact is.I have a paranoid neighbour who reported me to police as he thought I was spying on him.and that I was hiding in the car park with my remote controller.Ha!
What a F##×ing joker.Look who's talking mr paranoid neighbour who has his curtains closed all day.walking his dogs eyes left,right,up,down,behind,What can you do with such a paranoid idiot of a neighbour.He cost me 1000 quid.
I believe Humberside police have unintentionally damaged my drone as I had a sponge block to jam the gimbal movement whilst in transit.and are not returning it for that reason.It certainly isn't to prevent (so called) re-offending because I telephoned the police in spite to tell them I now have a mavic enterprise thermal, Now when are you coming to seized this one.
BEWARE OF PARANOID NEIGHBOURS!!!!!
It will cost you more than 1000 pounds but a lawsuit might be considered for false charges. With damages to your reputation, you could recoup it back and more.

Reactions: Capt KO
Having just owned my dji mavic air 2 for only a month,I was visited by Humberside police in January of this year and arrested on suspicion of stalking and harassment and my drone combo was seized.After the investigation was over and after numerous attempts to claim my property back i have been fobbed off by the investigating officer DC1252 Watson.I said when I was arrested (when am I going to get my drone back) The reply from her was ( when the investigation is complete).Well,that was a lie and I'm still waiting for my £1000 bird back.
The fact is.I have a paranoid neighbour who reported me to police as he thought I was spying on him.and that I was hiding in the car park with my remote controller.Ha!
What a F##×ing joker.Look who's talking mr paranoid neighbour who has his curtains closed all day.walking his dogs eyes left,right,up,down,behind,What can you do with such a paranoid idiot of a neighbour.He cost me 1000 quid.
I believe Humberside police have unintentionally damaged my drone as I had a sponge block to jam the gimbal movement whilst in transit.and are not returning it for that reason.It certainly isn't to prevent (so called) re-offending because I telephoned the police in spite to tell them I now have a mavic enterprise thermal, Now when are you coming to seized this one.
BEWARE OF PARANOID NEIGHBOURS!!!!!
Now I understand even better the movie, “Mr. Bates vs. The Post Office.”

If anyone wants to see what it looks like to have your drone seized by the UK police, check it out after the 16min mark (not me, not my video):

With so many overhead shots of Stonehenge it's hard to believe a guy that far away filming a sunrise would have his drone seized. If he was in a NFZ I expect he would have been warned before takeoff and if not could have proven it on the spot, including his onscreen track.

@Capt KO I think you misquoted me in your previous post. The fact of the matter (from my angle and my POV) nothing this guy could have done would prevent the seizure. The police said it, he was told to take the drone and that's what he was going to do, regardless. It sends a message to the flying public, don't come there intending to fly your drone even if you come for the sunrise; period.

Another UK example of seized drones. They don't ask you to land and ticket you, they ask you to land and they take your equipment. Good luck with getting it back! So yes, there was a TFR in place but is it really a TFR is anybody can order up one for any reason? Is that what the UK government does, provide cover and muscle for private companies to do their work without interference from the public being a "nuisance" and then send government agents to enforce it? I guess it's the same as blocking off a parking lot and if you drive your POV into the lot (where there are no barriers, no signs, but only an online warning) then you get your car seized, is that how it works?

Let's not fool ourselves. Even with no TFR, who's the say the same wouldn't happen. Yes, absolutely it's the pilot responsibility to check for a TFR *and* obey it but at least in the US (with the exception of Cali), not just anybody can ask for and get a TFR because they feel as if their event is important and needs government taxpayer protection and they consider other drones besides their own a nuisance even if you fly there mistakenly or don't interfere with the program because let's face it, that TFR is bigger than it needs to be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr