DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone shots with a MEANING

• Thread starter Deleted member 65595
  • Start date
Hey man thanks a lot for your kind comments, really means a lot to me
emoji4.png
The opening shot in München was definetely my favorite as well, although I didn't know it was called the Olympic tent. Such a fitting name though! May I ask, are you German yourself?

I don't know if it's really called the Olympic Tent or not, but it's part of the Olympic Village for the 1972 games. No, I'm not German, but I do have some German in my DNA. Germany is one of my favorite countries to visit. Years ago we hosted an exchange student from Viersen Suchteln (near the Dutch frontier) who stayed with us for one year. He is now a lawyer in Monchen Gladbach. As a result I have strong ties to Germany.

So interesting to hear, thanks for sharing! I guess you are based in the US then? Around 70% of this forum seem to be Americans
I don't know if it's really called the Olympic Tent or not, but it's part of the Olympic Village for the 1972 games. No, I'm not German, but I do have some German in my DNA. Germany is one of my favorite countries to visit. Years ago we hosted an exchange student from Viersen Suchteln (near the Dutch frontier) who stayed with us for one year. He is now a lawyer in Monchen Gladbach. As a result I have strong ties to Germany.

Wow, thanks for your kind comments!

And yes, it is quite exhausting at times to always stay alert for moments/places to film. That said, it also makes the journey more interesting, as you value those places more.

I try to let my moviemaking stay as little in the way of the trip as possible, although it isn't too easy. Luckily you can get a lot of things done with 20 minutes in the air!
Different, really liked the change with the doco / movie format.

I didn't mind that, but unless I was very familiar with a place, had experienced all that was possible there to see etc, I would be missing out too much on the moment as a brief visitor . . . filming in this way is very time intensive, with setting up shots and scenes etc, planning too as you go.
You would tend to lose the moment of a visitor, being so busy as a director / actor etc.

Keep it up, the format is very suited to YouTube and gathering a following of fans of this quirky technique.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras