DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone strobe

3Greens

Reactions
Question from the UK.

Ok so this has been discussed before but technology improves so I believe it’s worth getting an updated view at the end of 2022.

I have a Mavic Enterprise Dual, it has a good beacon supplied with and I use it constantly, my Mavic Pro does not and I would like to have one I can use that’s very bright, rechargeable and can be seen 360dg from the ground as well as by other traffic. I’ve looked at the usual haunts including eBay, Amazon and various more dedicated UAV dealers without much luck.

Has anyone ever found a strobe/beacon that stands out from the usual offerings and has a good reputation.

Thank you.

This one stays off the Radar the Droneskyhook and yet it one of the best setup you can find and they make it for the Mavic 2 and Mavic 3 as well now.

They have an amazing hook and release that is also part of the Lighting system that works both with the Mavic 2 an Mavic 3 Series that we recommend and used for search and rescue.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Screenshot 08-11-2020 19.43.10.jpg Screenshot 05-30-2020 23.36.52.jpgScreenshot 05-30-2020 23.37.59.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

For strobes I’ve used Firehouse Technology—Red/Green/White-secured with industrial strength velcro and an improved ‘tactile On/Off’..turning them Off at night when they flash and totally blind you was quite the chore before their improved tactile switch. USB charging.
Best of Luck from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, CANADA
C-IYAT

Reactions: 3Greens
I use the Firehouse strobes with the holders. Never did care for the Velcro. I would say these would be hard to beat, use 4 of them on my air 2.

Strobes mounted on the legs has been widely discussed and available. I believe the question the OP posed is mounting a strobe on the bottom of the Air 2s. I also fly the Air 2s and am interested to read of any solutions specifically for that location.

I use the Firehouse strobes with the holders. Never did care for the Velcro. I would say these would be hard to beat, use 4 of them on my air 2.
are the strobe holders used on the legs ?, I just bought a Firehouse Arc V and I am going to mount if on the top mid point towards the rear, but the holders intrigue me

Thanks for your input Boyz and Girlz, seems I had taken for granted controlling the beacon, with the enterprise I can do this from the controller whereas with a third party beacon I would have to suffer blinding myself, thanks for mentioning that C-IYAT.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying