DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone stuck in tree, in "special zone"

ncameron

Reactions
Aagh! Got some kind of special zone message. Had to get an SMS code to continue. Of course it's now in a tree - 30 feet over water and pretty unrecoverable.

Is my DJI cover going to voided by that message?

Aagh! Got some kind of special zone message. Had to get an SMS code to continue. Of course it's now in a tree - 30 feet over water and pretty unrecoverable.

Is my DJI cover going to voided by that message?
I'm assuming you mean DJI Care Refresh, and it's useless if you can't recover the original unit.

I'm a bit confused as to what the NFZ message has to do with the drone being stuck in a tree

I'm a bit confused as to what the NFZ message has to do with the drone being stuck in a tree

I don't think it was a NFZ - it was some kind of warning, but it seemed happy after it verified my identity via SMS.
The connection to that message was as to whether it voided my DJI Care cover.
That issue now appears to be moot unless I can recover it from 30 feet high, and 20 feet out over a river.

Correct the issue is moot...I'm just having a hard time understanding, irregardless of the exact message, how the drone got stuck in the tree. Inevitably you have to convey this scenario to DJI

Reactions: Chris23
Yikes! Not possible to recover at alll?
Was it an SMS verification message from DJI that stopped your app from running? Was RTH activated?

Reactions: aimar
Correct the issue is moot...I'm just having a hard time understanding, irregardless of the exact message, how the drone got stuck in the tree. Inevitably you have to convey this scenario to DJI

It's quite simple; I'm a nob (as we say in the UK) - and flew it backwards, at speed, into the tree misled by perspective...

Maybe the authorities could retrieve it for you?

We are trying that. The Fire Service (non-emergency number) was understandably of the view it wasn't their problem. We will try the Park Rangers in the morning.
Meanwhile the stranded little feller is gamely blinking alternate red and yellow - astonishingly brightly...

Priceless.

tip-hat.gif

We are trying that. The Fire Service (non-emergency number) was understandably of the view it wasn't their problem. We will try the Park Rangers in the morning.
Meanwhile the stranded little feller is gamely blinking alternate red and yellow - astonishingly brightly...
You should've told them it was a cat stuck in a tree. Then when they arrived the cat managed to get out, but your drone got stuck in the meantime.

What if you claimed that you were concerned that the Mavic might catch that tree on fire. I know its not going to , but they dont. Then it is a justifiable fire related response.

Firefighters r not idiots. They would know that a drone will not start a fire. O and firefighters do not get cats out of trees. That's just a perception from movies. lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone