DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone stuck in tree, in "special zone"

Send a tree trimmer up there to retrieve it. I saw a thread where somebody did that and it was affordable.

We've gotten the occasional 16 meter kite (big) stuck in a tree, in parks. In all cases, we remove the kite to not pollute the environment physically or visually. If the person who got it stuck can't climb the tree to get it out, we've had luck calling a tree service and having them do it. The parks have always been open to this as it is communicated as "we made a mess, we're going to pay to clean this up promptly, and professionally. Is it okay if such-and-such tree service comes in on such-and-such day to remove it?" Then contract whowever can get out there immediately and get it done. Don't ask too far up the chain as the higher up you go the more they'll think about liability...as the lowliest ranger you can find, maybe as you're walking in with the tree guy... ;)

Firefighters r not idiots. They would know that a drone will not start a fire. O and firefighters do not get cats out of trees. That's just a perception from movies. lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I was joking as well to keep this topic light. I would question such a blanket statement that all firefighters are not idiots. I imagine that there are some idiots within such a large group. Every group has em.

65674902.jpg

I have to say that the OP does have a great sense of humor considering the circumstances

I've also heard of someone who built a retrieval system out of a bow and arrow, and fishing line to shake a branch. I saw a video that showed it - seemed to work!

Well until one see the Mavic go plunk right into the water then there is still a ton of hope.

Whats the location? I was not kidding about another drone with a hook. A local Mavic Pilot could snag it for you.

Well until one see the Mavic go plunk right into the water then there is still a ton of hope.

Whats the location? I was not kidding about another drone with a hook. A local Mavic Pilot could snag it for you.
At least it can be retrieved more easily. If it doesn't work, lesson learn, use DJI Care Refresh.

I was joking as well to keep this topic light. I would question such a blanket statement that all firefighters are not idiots. I imagine that there are some idiots within such a large group. Every group has em.

Ya after I sent that I thought -- wait a minute. Lol. I work with a few that could easily be classified as idiots. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

OK, I'll bite - near Berks Campus in Reading, PA...

You could always try and post up in the Regional Area of this site that has Mavic pilots in your area and see if anyone is willing /able to help.

Can you please take / upload a picture OP so we can figure out how feasible recover by drone may be? The Mavic weighs around 1lb 11oz and can definitely be picked up by a Phantom or bigger drone fairly easily, however, if it's really snagged in there you may end up with two drones in the water / stuck in the tree :-/

Can you please take / upload a picture OP so we can figure out how feasible recover by drone may be? The Mavic weighs around 1lb 11oz and can definitely be picked up by a Phantom or bigger drone fairly easily, however, if it's really snagged in there you may end up with two drones in the water / stuck in the tree :-/

Any help, moral support or inspiration gratefully received. We'll be in Gring's Mill, Tulpenhocken Road, Penn State, Berks campus tomorrow from about 9:45-10am, probably for a good while. Anyone who has a 20 foot telescopic pole, or who knows an off-duty quarterback with spare football would be very welcome, but I wouldn't want to put a fellow pilot's drone at risk. I'll post photos when I get there...

Any help, moral support or inspiration gratefully received. We'll be in Gring's Mill, Tulpenhocken Road, Penn State, Berks campus tomorrow from about 9:45-10am, probably for a good while. Anyone who has a 20 foot telescopic pole, or who knows an off-duty quarterback with spare football would be very welcome, but I wouldn't want to put a fellow pilot's drone at risk. I'll post photos when I get there...

Best to post that here Northeast Pennsylvania!

The ironic thing is that I've been jokingly posting within this thread and the OP is only about 40 miles from me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone