DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone turning upside down in midflight. Why?

If I hand land, what is the normal way of shutting it off if I only have one hand on controller?
If you hold the remote controller against your body or stabilize it with a lanyard, you could easily do a CSC one handed.

who says its mavic? i even wrote its mostly phantom-like-built drones that i saw doing it...
Or even a DJI product? Most of those cheap toy like drones actually have a flip button on the control. My racing drone also does flips but you're using the gimbles doing it manually.

... If I hand land, what is the normal way of shutting it off if I only have one hand on controller?
When it is in your hand, pull the left stick down (mode 2). The Mavic detects that it is no longer descending so assumes that it has landed and turns off the motors.

When a drone gets turned upside down, it will try to right itself
The motors should stop when all Mavics turn upside down. That's likely why the flight controller doesn't allow the drone to be turned upside down mid-flight.

The motors should stop when all Mavics turn upside down. That's likely why the flight controller doesn't allow the drone to be turned upside down mid-flight.
It does fight you when you begin the operation. I am guessing that is what he meant...

It does fight you when you begin the operation. I am guessing that is what he meant...
I'm not sure what he meant. DJI drones likely will never be able to turn upside down mid-flight unless you're flying in hurricane type winds.

There are cheap stunt drones - flew a friends and flipped it a few times - def my mavic ain't doing that!

My Mavic Pro has flipped upside down and crashed - with hands off controls three times. First two times from low altitude on grass no damage. Last time in a lake. been screwed up ever since the lake. All three times in close proximity to aluminum structures; boat docks, fences, light poles etc. I don't know about you, but I am very careful to avoid aluminum structures now.

My Mavic Pro has flipped upside down and crashed - with hands off controls three times. ...
Wow! If it is stock (unaltered) and using G0 4 to control it, it should never do that! If you could find a log of the event it would be worth investigating. It could lead to a claim with DJI for a replacement.

Wow! If it is stock (unaltered) and using G0 4 to control it, it should never do that! If you could find a log of the event it would be worth investigating. It could lead to a claim with DJI for a replacement.
Even another app wouldn’t have caused this. There must be something terribly wrong with the IMU.

My Mavic Pro has flipped upside down and crashed - with hands off controls three times. First two times from low altitude on grass no damage. Last time in a lake. been screwed up ever since the lake. All three times in close proximity to aluminum structures; boat docks, fences, light poles etc. I don't know about you, but I am very careful to avoid aluminum structures now.
Post your flight log(s) and maybe @sar104 or some can pinpoint the cause.

I think the OP is talking about the generic videos that show a variety of drones crashing (I too watch a lot of these videos on what not to do). There are some drones shown that are acrobatic in nature and seem quite impressive flying between trees on an open field, etc. These, you can hear audio being recorded as well.

Everybody thinks it can't happen, but it does. All the files and reports notwithstanding. I did not buy (my fourth) DJI to download files and post on a computer. I just want to fly and take pix. So far very disappointed with Mavic Pro. Right now the problem is "no Image transmission" after calibrating Forward Vision, updating all firmware, and formatting micro sd card with DJI Go 4 in the Mavic.

Everybody thinks it can't happen, but it does. All the files and reports notwithstanding. I did not buy (my fourth) DJI to download files and post on a computer. I just want to fly and take pix. So far very disappointed with Mavic Pro. Right now the problem is "no Image transmission" after calibrating Forward Vision, updating all firmware, and formatting micro sd card with DJI Go 4 in the Mavic.
Yikes I hope you get that all figured out, real bummer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb