DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Tweaks

wolfylee

Reactions
Hi Folks,

I'd like a little advice please. I'm in the UK and I've recently acquired a Mini 2 and have come across a website that claims to sell a modified DJI Fly app that fully allows full FCC flying (power and frequencies)

Does anyone have any experience with this app/website? Any advice/opinions would be appreciated.

The website(hope this is allowed) is here: FCC mod for DJI Mini 2

I have no experience with that vendor's services nor did I come across them during my shopping. I went with Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone as they have been around and reviewed for some time. Just be sure to investigate the features and what drawbacks there are as some may not be reversible. With my Mini2 and Drone-Hacks, I am locked into the one firmware and the hack is locked to the drone's ID (not transferable). It's been 6 months and I've been very happy with the relaxation of DJI permissions. It was a good investment for me.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have no experience with that vendor's services nor did I come across them during my shopping. I went with Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone as they have been around and reviewed for some time. Just be sure to investigate the features and what drawbacks there are as some may not be reversible. With my Mini2 and Drone-Hacks, I am locked into the one firmware and the hack is locked to the drone's ID (not transferable). It's been 6 months and I've been very happy with the relaxation of DJI permissions. It was a good investment for me.
Thanks for the reply - even Drone-Hacks appear to confirm that it's the app that controls the frequency and that their hack only affects power. I used Drone-hacks on my mini but couldn't see much of a difference.
Also, I bought my mini 2 second hand and it has the latest firmware so Drone-Hacks won't work :(

I believe u can downgrade firm ware to previous version Google might help with that.

My need was to be free of geofencing so the Drone-Hacks works great for me. I'm in the USA so I didn't need the CE-FCC mod.

Thanks so much for the replies - I went for it anyway and I think it made quite a big difference although any evidence I have is not exactly scientific. From my urban back garden it was 3 x the distance.

Incidentally, the website is run by Florin who has, I understand, a decent reputation on here and elsewhere.

My need was to be free of geofencing so the Drone-Hacks works great for me. I'm in the USA so I didn't need the CE-FCC mod.

Thanks for the reply - totally understand - the geofencing in my area is (luckily) accurate so I have no complaints in that regard. I imagine it would be a PIA if it was incorrect and and wouldn't allow you to take off in an area where you know it's legal and just plain wrong.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown