DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone usage in Tralee (ireland)

Freesigner

Reactions
Hi fellow pilots,

I have been searching to find out if you need to register to use a mavic Pro in ireland (Tralee.)
But with all the information you can find it can be very confusing at times.
So I am asking anyone who has travelled to Ireland including Tralee Co Kerry. If you need to register to be able to fly?

I am not a commercial pilot.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Hi fellow pilots,

I have been searching to find out if you need to register to use a mavic Pro in ireland (Tralee.)
So I am asking anyone who has travelled to Ireland including Tralee Co Kerry. If you need to register to be able to fly?

hi from an Irish mavic owner

no you do not need a license you must as always world wide though obey the common genuine rules of flying as everywhere else ..

400ft LOS away from people etc .. enjoy pal .. yes I do have mine registered but you dont need to ..

enjoy the sites there are plenty to keep that gimbal happy and safe flying ..

Reactions: Freesigner
hi from an Irish mavic owner

no you do not need a license you must as always world wide though obey the common genuine rules of flying as everywhere else ..

400ft LOS away from people etc .. enjoy pal .. yes I do have mine registered but you dont need to ..

enjoy the sites there are plenty to keep that gimbal happy and safe flying ..

Cheers buddy!

That is good to know, any recommendations of where to fly as novice.

I know Co Kerry especially Tralee quite well, but my first time with my Mavic.

Hi fellow pilots,

Didn't know Tralee is such popular :) I am flying and living here on daily basis

Hi mate.. I've been here in Kerry nearly 2 weeks on holiday...
Portmagee & Cahersiveen is where I'm been using my mavic around my father's home...
Awesome scereny is unreal....
Good luck and I'm learning all the time...

Hey guys!

I am still waiting for the time to fly, but as it might like quite nice weather wise as I’m typing this message, the wind is quite strong.

I have been to dingle and back via Conner pass, and the N86 route. And what stunning scenery there is, I thought right perfect place now get the bird up in the air, but unfortunately the wind was too strong.

So I am wondering now when is the best time ie which month that is nice and also quite low in wind? But now I have said this out loud, I just think it’s typical Irish weather... lol

Hey guys!

I am still waiting for the time to fly, but as it might like quite nice weather wise as I’m typing this message, the wind is quite strong.

I have been to dingle and back via Conner pass, and the N86 route. And what stunning scenery there is, I thought right perfect place now get the bird up in the air, but unfortunately the wind was too strong.

So I am wondering now when is the best time ie which month that is nice and also quite low in wind? But now I have said this out loud, I just think it’s typical Irish weather... lol
prepare for snow LOL YEAH WINDY ALL AROUND THE SOUTH

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne