DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone videos of deserted cities during the pandemic

Maviac

Reactions
I tried to make sure this hadn’t been posted already and couldn’t find that it had, but if this is a duplicate please delete, or someone tell me and I will.

Here are a bunch of drone videos of major American cities that are largely deserted due to the coronavirus pandemic.

(I started to post in the photo and video section, but this seemed to be of general interest. And I haven’t really looked hard into whether they were entirely following relevant rules - not sure you can fly really anywhere legally in NYC, and the Nashville one appeared to fly over a moving car or 2 - so I’ll leave that to the rest of you and the authorities. I just enjoyed watching).

Last edited:
Really amazing, don’t know what else to comment.
Have lived in big city’s and know traffic but small town
now and it has slowed but nothing like that.

So here is the question: if you live in one of the cities that is under lock down, are you allowed to fly your drone outside, away from your home? I dont think it would be considered an essential activity..? Thoughts anyone

So here is the question: if you live in one of the cities that is under lock down, are you allowed to fly your drone outside, away from your home? I dont think it would be considered an essential activity..? Thoughts anyone
You should not be able to. I mean, the rules still apply no? One could argue that there are no people below and that there are no planes/fly zones in cities but rules are rules and they are there for a reason (even though some are just insane).

I personally would love to fly and capture my city but I'm forcing myself to stay put and drone under wraps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21