DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneDJ has the DJI Mavic Air 2 price and some press images

How long do you expect it would be for any potential problems to surface?

From what I recall, it took a lot longer than I thought it might for the Mini uncommanded descent issue to come out in crash / lost aircraft posts here.

A month might be ok, most pilots getting into such an aircraft would likely be giving them a good work out.
If pilots here do a lot of feedback type posts on the forum, and they probably will, then a month or maybe 6 weeks would be enough to start getting good feedback.

I certainly wouldn't trust the pre release YouTube reviewers in general, not one of them reported this, and it took many months after for some to start mentioning the problem.

Reactions: GarthH

Attachments

• AF150CB8-3E95-411E-BD5F-43054154DACD.jpeg
    AF150CB8-3E95-411E-BD5F-43054154DACD.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 48
Is it worth it to preorder it or wait it out until problems are fixed?

It's an individual thing there.

Some might say they want to be on the cutting edge of release, get things early and more or less be the first to have them.
Others will wait for bugs to get flattened, there are usually SOME, but early updates fix them as found.
It'd be nice to find them all before release, but mass use finds them better.
Goes with drones, phones, anything new tech.

Hardware due to demand might be there too, like the mini battery shortages for quite a while, and many really wanted extras but couldn't get them.

I pre-ordered my original Air. and it's never given me any issues. Saying that - none of my drones have. I genuinely believe 95% of problems are pilot error.

I genuinely believe 95% of problems are pilot error.

Not with the Mini a lot of the time though, the uncommanded descent / props / power issues has really been a debacle, and still not fixed.
That has spooked me a lot for new DJI releases, but it might not happen again.

The Air was / is a great aircraft, right from the outset, like most of DJIs past drones.
This Air 2 looks like a ground up new aircraft though, so only time will tell if this is really going to be fully market ready like most of their products in the past.

Agreed. I love everything about my MA except the range. Where I live and fly most, I get about 1250 ft and start to lose connection. Everything else is phenomenal.

Yep. Mine even had the 4hawks range booster, and I could only get about 2200 meters where I fly most.

I’m waiting a few weeks or till it’s available locally at my best buy. That should be enough for any issues to surface and posted on various YouTube videos and on here.

Reactions: flyhigh2
Ah good news.
The 48mp camera will be interesting, how to get that out of 1/2" sensor, when the Hasselblad 1" on the M2P is 20mp ?
Lots to confirm on release, but on the face of it the package looks like a winner all round.
Certainly tempt me after a good while in the market revealing any problems.

It's what's known as a quad bayer sensor, Sony's IMX582 is an example of one:

Think of it more as a better 12MP sensor and also there's a lot more to image quality than resolution hence most of the larger sensor cameras have settled at around 20-25MP now. Sony manufacture the 1in sensor in the Mavic 2 Pro and offer it in their own RX100 series which is up to the mk7 launched last year and despite using different sensors with improved technologies they've remained at 20MP, same with their full frame mirrorless A7 series which have remained at 25MP since their launch seven years ago. A few models like the A7R series offer higher resolution sensors with the caveat that their higher resolution isn't beneficial unless there's a specific requirement for it.

The Mavic 2 Pro's larger 1in sensor's main advantages are not its resolution but its much wider dynamic range and cleaner high iso which give it an advantage with stills.

Reactions: Aumoe and tvdwouw
In the technology world, being a first adapter mean being on the leading edge. It is not for nothing that this is called the bleeding edge.

I'm absolutely excited for it, the only reason I have not already ordered a Mavic 2 Zoom is because I am looking forward to the Air 2. I do have concerns that there may be issues like the Mavic Mini is experiencing, but am hopeful that it will be fine. It will be tough not to order one as soon as it is available.

I'm absolutely excited for it, the only reason I have not already ordered a Mavic 2 Zoom is because I am looking forward to the Air 2. I do have concerns that there may be issues like the Mavic Mini is experiencing, but am hopeful that it will be fine. It will be tough not to order one as soon as it is available.

Just pre order it then, don't hang on tenterhooks over it, may not be a mini repeat.

Hopefully DJI will have better prepared it than the Mini was.
It'll be a great drone with all the expected specs, heck it could be the best DJI drone yet.

If the worst happens and it turns out buggy, then it will either be fixed fast, or sell it and buy something else.

Reactions: geneg
In all likelihood, that's exactly what I will do. Buying brand new from DJI it will be warrantied and so any problems that are not a result of pilot error should be covered by that warranty. Software / Firmware bugs will be handled by updates, and again, even if one of those bugs caused, lets say, a flyaway, then it should be covered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin