DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink is now free for non-commercial use.

You need to expand the advanced settings, and make sure to set the altitude high enough too.

Battery estimate is already available in the mission previewer.

Why is altitude determining my aircraft speed? If it's a sunny day and my shutter speed is as fast as it can be, it should have no problem taking crisp photos. Anyway to over ride default settings and have the camera prioritize shutter speed by auto adjusting iso in order to keep up speed?

Any plans for allowing mission creation within the app?

No way to see estimated batteries for a mission in app?

Ability to download map areas for offline use would be amazing.

Ability to have access to topographic maps even more amazing.

Thanks for putting so much time into this product, seems well done and I believe you'll surpass the more popular mission planning apps once word gets out; hang in there!

Why is altitude determining my aircraft speed?
The altitude directly affects the ground sample distance, which is tied to the front overlap, which determines the speed.

Anyway to over ride default settings and have the camera prioritize shutter speed by auto adjusting iso in order to keep up speed?
Yes, with camera commands. You should watch the Core Concepts tutorial series.

Any plans for allowing mission creation within the app?
On the roadmap. Curious as to what you would like to see over the current mobile-friendly web app.

No way to see estimated batteries for a mission in app?
Tied directly to the fact that the battery estimate is part of the mission previewer, which is web-app only right now.

Ability to download map areas for offline use would be amazing.
What is your offline use case?

Ability to have access to topographic maps even more amazing.
The 3D view in the web app (simulated drone and mission previewer) already shows terrain. If you mean you want terrain follow, also already on the roadmap.

Maybe I missed it but it does not look like it works with the Smart Controller?

The altitude directly affects the ground sample distance, which is tied to the front overlap, which determines the speed.

Yes, with camera commands. You should watch the Core Concepts tutorial series.

On the roadmap. Curious as to what you would like to see over the current mobile-friendly web app.

Tied directly to the fact that the battery estimate is part of the mission previewer, which is web-app only right now.

What is your offline use case?

The 3D view in the web app (simulated drone and mission previewer) already shows terrain. If you mean you want terrain follow, also already on the roadmap.

So if I adjust front overlap, I can get more speed out of my UAS?
  • Mobile App Wants :
    • Ability to make programmed missions from scratch to finish, offline (and see batteries required, on the app).
    • Ability to download large map areas to app for offline use (don't forget to allow the app to save to SD Card).
      • Include all the free maps out there such as:
        • VFR Charts
        • VFR Sectionals
        • ESRI Topo Maps & USA Topo Maps; See here for all kinds of free options.

• This is more of a "nice to have" to set you apart from the pack.
    • UAS Conditions
      • Sunrise/set
      • Temp
      • Wind
      • Gusts
      • Wind Dir
      • Precip Prob
      • Cloud Cover
      • Visibility
      • Visible Sats
      • KP
      • Sats Locked
    • Forecast By Hour
      • All same as conditions
    • Wind Profile by altitude
      • Speed
      • Gust Speed
      • Temp
    • Map showing
      • TFR / NOTAM
      • NFZ
      • Airports
      • Seaplane Bases
      • Heliports
    • Ability to import KML/KMZ files into app and see as overlay on map. I would love to see my waypoints and boundaries for areas I intend to map that I made on Google Earth; there's A LOT of planning involved when covering a large tract of land (5,000 acres or more). I often do it a section at a time, take the photos, swap batteries, drive to the next section and repeat until complete.
    • Full DJIGO type access to UAS; become the next litchi+.
If the idea is for your customer to use the app all the time, this type of all-in-one use would really gravitate me towards your app; and if it worked well I'd be able to delete 4-5 other apps I'm cycling between. I'd pay a decent one time fee for non-commercial use if it did all this well.

So if I adjust front overlap, I can get more speed out of my UAS?
The speed, altitude, GSD, and overlap variables are all interrelated in the math, but yes, if you lower the overlap you get more speed.

Mobile App Wants
Thanks for the feedback. You may want to consider posting feature requests on our forum section dedicated to this topic.

I'd pay a decent one time fee for non-commercial use if it did all this well.
One-time fees are not a sustainable business model so this is likely never going to happen with Dronelink. Open to other monetization suggestions but we are very much trying to avoid the fate of other apps that charge one-time and then either end up stagnating or losing support all together.

Looks awesome !

Newbie question: Does the controller "pause" or "RTH" or other controls override the execution if I panic and want to abort my ill-designed mission ?

Thanks !

One-time fees are not a sustainable business model so this is likely never going to happen with Dronelink. Open to other monetization suggestions but we are very much trying to avoid the fate of other apps that charge one-time and then either end up stagnating or losing support all together.

Isn't 1 time payment for non commercial use better than free (once word gets out about you guys)? The only way annual fees work is if you're providing something of substantive value on an annual basis, example: dronedeploy is providing their servers to render the orthomosaic, store the orthomosaic, and share it with a customer base (problem is their prices seem way too steep). From what I can see Dronelink only stores your missions on the cloud which is not enough to warrant a recurring fee, just MY OPINION. From the user perspective, everyone wants annual recurring fees (O365, Adobe, etc) and quite frankly I'm not a believer in the system. The old model seemed much more fair; buy software, receive updates for a period of time to crank out the bugs, then discontinue support and develop/release new version of software; give the user the choice on whether or not they want to upgrade.

Some of us are OK sticking with tried and true software on old hardware. I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and have 0 desire to upgrade the aircraft, it meets my needs and if DroneLink 1.0 gets to a point where it's always reliable and doing it's job, I shouldn't have to pay a recurring fee. However, should I get a new aircraft with new bells and whistles which demand a new version of DroneLink, I would understand having to pay for the next version of DroneLink 2.0. That IMO, is how you stay sustainable with your hobbyist.

Reactions: Amergin
Newbie question: Does the controller "pause" or "RTH" or other controls override the execution if I panic and want to abort my ill-designed mission ?
The hardware pause button is not currently supported, but activating RTH or changing the flight mode from P to Sport will immediately override the mission.

Isn't 1 time payment for non commercial use better than free (once word gets out about you guys)? The only way annual fees work is if you're providing something of substantive value on an annual basis
The annual fee covers continued development of new, innovative features (like your wishlist), bug fixes, updates for new hardware support, access to email support, and a voice in prioritization of the product roadmap. Dronelink is a managed, hosted service and we continuously release updates as opposed to the old-school style "deliver software in a shrink-wrapped box on a cd-rom" business model. Maintaining multiple versions and backwards compatibility just for the sake of charging people a "one-time" fee is contrary to our DNA, which is rapid, continuous innovation (maintenance/bug fixes for old versions is a distraction and a resource drain). Totally understand if you prefer that type of product, but if that is the case Dronelink is not the product for you.

The annual fee covers continued development of new, innovative features (like your wishlist), bug fixes, updates for new hardware support, access to email support, and a voice in prioritization of the product roadmap. Dronelink is a managed, hosted service and we continuously release updates as opposed to the old-school style "deliver software in a shrink-wrapped box on a cd-rom" business model. Maintaining multiple versions and backwards compatibility just for the sake of charging people a "one-time" fee is contrary to our DNA, which is rapid, continuous innovation (maintenance/bug fixes for old versions is a distraction and a resource drain). Totally understand if you prefer that type of product, but if that is the case Dronelink is not the product for you.

You asked for my wish list, only reason I put it out there. The intent was to give you some ideas on how to improve DroneLink which could enable you to rise above your competitors. Because you're the new kid on the block, your software needs to out-compete the competition, right now it does some things better but still feels incomplete. Inability to create a mission from scratch from within the APP and while offline is a clear miss. Personally, I enjoy testing new products and providing feedback, that's the appropriate way to repay a developer with a BETA product.

The hardware pause button is not currently supported, but activating RTH or changing the flight mode from P to Sport will immediately override the mission.

So if I hit "RTH" and then "Pause" I'd get control back ?

That would be great.

Go to your account settings page and click the Downgrade option:
View attachment 82827

There are no functional differences between Free and Pro. Commercial just means you are being paid to fly.

I have been developing apps for the DJI SDK since it was first launched in 2014 - starting with Autopilot (the first app in the iOS App Store for DJI). Dronelink is new but it is based on all the experience that I gained over the last 5 years while working with the SDK, so it isn't like any other "new" app out there.

You can use Dronelink like a Litchi clone if you basically constrain yourself to one path component and never reveal the component navigator, though not sure why you would want to limit yourself.
I have the app but doesn’t ask to sign in and no account info or set up

It asks for a email and password but never set a account with any information so how do I set a account to get started thanks

What is the status of the app being available in Google Play?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne