DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink/MapPilotPro pros and cons?

Reactions
Hey all,

I’m getting started on some basic map making. I see that Map Pilots Pro can fly the drone a variety of ways as well as stitch the photos together, while other pilots will use a combination of Drone Link and use MPP for stitching or use OpenDroneMaps. Are there any pros or cons to sticking entirely with MPP? What use cases would you want to split it up? I’m using a Mavic Air 2 which looks like it’s supported on many platforms.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm using dronelink & Agisoft with my MA2 & it works well for me. The map stitching part is a killer - takes forever, but I have it all together on my computer & have control over the process.

Reactions: whiskey_icarus
Hey all,

I’m getting started on some basic map making. I see that Map Pilots Pro can fly the drone a variety of ways as well as stitch the photos together, while other pilots will use a combination of Drone Link and use MPP for stitching or use OpenDroneMaps. Are there any pros or cons to sticking entirely with MPP? What use cases would you want to split it up? I’m using a Mavic Air 2 which looks like it’s supported on many platforms.

Thanks!
I'm using dronelink with my Mavic 2 Pro and it works great capturing images for maps. My maps typically span multiple batteries and dronelink handles this easily ... returns home for a battery swap when needed, then flies back to pick up the mission at the right place.

I too am just getting started stitching these maps together and am using WebODM. So far I am happy with the results.

I'm using dronelink with my Mavic 2 Pro and it works great capturing images for maps. My maps typically span multiple batteries and dronelink handles this easily ... returns home for a battery swap when needed, then flies back to pick up the mission at the right place.

I too am just getting started stitching these maps together and am using WebODM. So far I am happy with the results.

Thanks for the examples! Does ODM support vertical stitching, as in facade inspections?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian