DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones are DANGEROUS and should be regulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the spirit of your comment. I don't know about fingerprint scanners, and all, but get that there needs to be an interim step between buying and flying. I have never (no not ever, never) been a fan of mire regulations on anything. Especially in the case of drones - as the FAA and supporting government agencies do not have the resources to police this industry now - let alone after making more rules (down the road). This will cost taxpayers a lot of money, and in the end - they just can't police a hobby that allows us to launch from an unknown location. Education would be a good start. The FAA says that they are focusing on education, but their tied up on this and can really only police 107ers. It takes an accident before they (generally get involved). So then, how many drone related fatalities have there been? I'm NOT saying that I want this - just that the problem is not as dire as some people believe.

Agreed. I don't think it will be an accident that causes huge government and public intervention. I think it will be a
major intentional that causes it.

Reactions: Qoncussion
FAA estimated that the number of recreational drones will triple by 2021.

The popularity of drones is not a good thing. We already have so much accidents because of idiotic and ignorant pilots, imagine what it'll be in 2021. The regulations will get so strict that we won't be able to fly in our own backyards (wait I haven't been able to do that since 2016 because I'm in Canada).

Stop recommending drones to your friends. When people ask you "nice drone, which one should i get?" tell them to search for themselves or tell them to get an horrible Yuneec so that they leave the hobby as quick as they arrived into it.

Drones have been out since when, 2012? We've had a guy crash in the guy of a toddler, we've had people deliver drugs into jails, we've had people dropping bombs, we've had a guy landing in the White House's lawn, we've had a guy "crash" an HELICOPTER, we've had people flying in airports, we've had numerous people crashing into crowds, we've had people starting forest fires, etc...

Stop complaining about DJI's NFZ feature and stop recommending drones to your friends. Drones are AIRCRAFTS that can easily injure or kill people and should not be treated as toys.

I think FAA should force people to get a permit similar to part 107 before flying their drone. You'd have to answer numerous questions and that way we could filter out the dangerous people. Instead of making more and more laws that no one will follow, FAA should just ask everyone to get a permit and heavily enforce that rule.

POLL: Do you think that FAA should force people to get a license similar to part 107 in order to fly recreational drones?
Lol....That's is so funny..everyone complain about drones..how about that people fly is rc aeroplanes up to 100K distances and up to 1K altitude in FPV....you can see that on youtube got loads videos on there and no one complain....that is just stupid people talk about drones and not anything else....I THINK RULES IS FOR EVERYONE AND NOT JUST DRONES....

Being some of you guy's have done got political and personal with name calling I have cleaned those post out and issued warnings . Please continue but be civil and think before you post .
Thank You

IMG_7921.jpg

Lol....That's is so funny..everyone complain about drones..how about that people fly is rc aeroplanes up to 100K distances and up to 1K altitude in FPV....you can see that on youtube got loads videos on there and no one complain....that is just stupid people talk about drones and not anything else....I THINK RULES IS FOR EVERYONE AND NOT JUST DRONES....

RC aeroplanes are drones too. Currently, all regulations that affect quadcopters also affect aeroplanes.

Flying at 100K distance and 1k altitude with a plane is already illegal.

Being some of you guy's have done got political and personal with name calling I have cleaned those post out and issued warnings . Please continue but be civil and think before you post .
Thank You

View attachment 33435
Wait! What? People on here are being mean? Unbelievable! Oh, and you meant "guys", not "guy's." (I hope you know that I am kidding) :)

The popularity of drones is not a good thing. We already have so much accidents because of idiotic and ignorant pilots, imagine what it'll be in 2021. The regulations will get so strict that we won't be able to fly in our own backyards (wait I haven't been able to do that since 2016 because I'm in Canada).

Stop recommending drones to your friends. When people ask you "nice drone, which one should i get?" tell them to search for themselves or tell them to get an horrible Yuneec so that they leave the hobby as quick as they arrived into it.

Drones have been out since when, 2012? We've had a guy crash in the guy of a toddler, we've had people deliver drugs into jails, we've had people dropping bombs, we've had a guy landing in the White House's lawn, we've had a guy "crash" an HELICOPTER, we've had people flying in airports, we've had numerous people crashing into crowds, we've had people starting forest fires, etc...

Stop complaining about DJI's NFZ feature and stop recommending drones to your friends. Drones are AIRCRAFTS that can easily injure or kill people and should not be treated as toys.

I think FAA should force people to get a permit similar to part 107 before flying their drone. You'd have to answer numerous questions and that way we could filter out the dangerous people. Instead of making more and more laws that no one will follow, FAA should just ask everyone to get a permit and heavily enforce that rule.

POLL: Do you think that FAA should force people to get a license similar to part 107 in order to fly recreational drones?
I remember the same hysteria when it came to RC planes and helicopters. Im still waiting on a passenger jet to come down or an innocent victim being knocked out or killed due to them. It just doesnt happen.

I remember the same hysteria when it came to RC planes and helicopters. Im still waiting on a passenger jet to come down or an innocent victim being knocked out or killed due to them. It just doesnt happen.

Except that RC planes and helicopters never "caused" the crash of a real helicopter, weren't used to drop bombs, and weren't nearly as popular. Serious regulations were never made against these products because they didn't cause a huge number of problems like drones do. People on here see the permit thing as an ADDITIONAL regulation, but they should see it as a way of PREVENTING other regulations that would ruin the hobby.

And by the way, yes it does happen. Girl killed by remote control plane | Daily Mail Online

The girl was killed by a remote plane that simply fell off the sky.

I want to say my piece before this thread gets locked and we all get banned.:rolleyes:

The nearest red/yellow/green traffic light from my little town is 22 miles to the east, 30 miles to the north 35miles to the west and 50 miles to the south.. If that will help in finding a more remote state to fly.:D

Why don't we raise the legal age to 21 to buy and fly, do background checks, limit the number of props to 1, require a doctor to certify that the drone owner/purchaser is not mentally ill, require that a finger print safety device be installed (or retrofitted to older drones,) that must be touched continuously in order to operate the aircraft . Oh, and the aircraft must be locked in an approved TSA/FBI/CIA/NSA safe away from children. Drones will no longer to look scary even though scary looking does not make them operate any differently than traditional drones. In other words they cant resemble military style drones.
All that has scared away the bad guys that shoot people. Should work for the drone owners, eh?

Not arguing with you, Qoncussion.Your post just happened to be the last post before I penned all this.:)
The nearest stop light to where I live up in the Rocky Mountains is an hour and a half or more in all directions away! I still own a house in CA but every time I go back to see family I can't stand the unbelievable traffic 24 hours a day or the stupid laws and taxes!

Go tell that to the gun lobby or pharmaceutical (opiate epidemic) lobby etc ! The poor Hobby drones ain't killed no-one (yet) or wrecked 10,000's life's ... Go worry about some real threats to people and enjoy flying your drone [emoji4]

Reactions: Qoncussion
Go tell that to the gun lobby or pharmaceutical (opiate epidemic) lobby etc ! The poor Hobby drones ain't killed no-one (yet) or wrecked 10,000's life's ... Go worry about some real threats to people and enjoy flying your drone [emoji4]

I'm not concerned about the drones themselves, only the irresponsible drone pilots that will ruin the hobby. Drones are already banned in a lot of places and it's only going to be worse if we don't have some kind of permit. The permit is to protect people AND save the hobby.

This is the kind of poll which I look at and ignore. Changing someone's opinion through comments on a website would be a miracle worth asking the church to recognize.

The title of this poll is almost like clickbait. Put something incredibly derogatory and hostile on a web site that is committed to encouraging education on drones. Then, add a poll question to imply incredulity when it is pointed out that this poll is only aimed at getting pointed arguments that invoke angry responses. This is what a troll does.

And then, when the moderator says, "be nice", everyone is shocked.

This poll should be removed, not answered. Just ignored.

To the moderator, I'm being nice... this poll is like putting a post on an NRA site with a title that says, "Guns kill people and should be outlawed, what do you think? Please answer my poll."

Goodbye to this posting.

this sort of thread only serve to stir people up. like when mass shooting occurs and people start debating about gun ownership. putting a ban or restriction only limits the sale of consumer drones, that are supposed to be smarter. it'll just drive people to build their own, with less safety built-in.
i agree that this thread should be locked down. i can see it serve any useful purpose. just lots of chatter.

Reactions: Swanee
This is the kind of poll which I look at and ignore. Changing someone's opinion through comments on a website would be a miracle worth asking the church to recognize.

The title of this poll is almost like clickbait. Put something incredibly derogatory and hostile on a web site that is committed to encouraging education on drones. Then, add a poll question to imply incredulity when it is pointed out that this poll is only aimed at getting pointed arguments that invoke angry responses. This is what a troll does.

And then, when the moderator says, "be nice", everyone is shocked.

This poll should be removed, not answered. Just ignored.

To the moderator, I'm being nice... this poll is like putting a post on an NRA site with a title that says, "Guns kill people and should be outlawed, what do you think? Please answer my poll."

Goodbye to this posting.

I am sorry, but I don't think you understand the point of such a permit. For us drone owners, it would be very good because it would filter out dangerous individuals who give us such a bad image.

Yes, it would be somewhat inconvenient to pass a test to get this permit. However, passing this permit is still very much better than being blocked from flying in our own backyards. The regulations are becoming way too strict and I think we have to find a compromise. This would filter out the individuals that are reckless, and give the necessary information to the respectful people who want to invest into the hobby.

It's either the permit or a load of regulations.

this sort of thread only serve to stir people up. like when mass shooting occurs and people start debating about gun ownership. putting a ban or restriction only limits the sale of consumer drones, that are supposed to be smarter. it'll just drive people to build their own, with less safety built-in.
i agree that this thread should be locked down. i can see it serve any useful purpose. just lots of chatter.

This thread was created to discuss a solution to the regulation problem. We are already feeling the effects down here in Canada.

If you managed to build your own drone just to get around the permit, then that means you are informed about drones and have a minimum of knowledge. Anyways, just like driving licenses it would be enforced and you could get expensive fines if you didn't have the permit.

I am breaking my rule, and I will respond.

This kind of poll will not allow for a reasonable debate or well thought out responses. Your opinion is noted and appreciated.

Unfortunately, a poll encouraging clearly yer/no responses allows for no middle ground or discussion.

As I said, it's not the question, it is the method of asking. Polling does not encourage rationale discourse, And, the title of the post encourages angry responses. It is aimed at provoking people.

If you are really interested in opinions on this topic in this forum, I suggest you post a title,
"Do the members of this forum believe a form of testing is needed for the use of non-commercial drones."

And, as an aside, despite your statement that "individuals give us a bad name", I find very little to support such hyperbole and inflammatory, unsubstantiated statements.

Yes, there is the random newspaper headline, or the posting of some idiot flying over a crowd of people. These occurrences are rarer than people shining lasers at airplanes, which is illegal. Perhaps it's time to take a test in order to buy a laser pointer.

This thread was created to discuss a solution to the regulation problem. We are already feeling the effects down here in Canada.
You reckon the discussions here will lead to a solution, that can be passed to regulators to enact, internationally? it's just chatter.
we have people who live far out in the middle of no where. they are unlikely to be a danger to anyone. do you think they'd did be happy to have to pay for a permit to fly their drones around their home?
Do think that just because you live in Canada and are being affected by new regulations, everyone else needs to experience the same issue?

i have alot to say about this but out of respect to the forum,ill refrain,the answer to this is obvious and discussion will only skewer the reality of drones usage.

I am breaking my rule, and I will respond.

This kind of poll will not allow for a reasonable debate or well thought out responses. Your opinion is noted and appreciated.

Unfortunately, a poll encouraging clearly yer/no responses allows for no middle ground or discussion.

As I said, it's not the question, it is the method of asking. Polling does not encourage rationale discourse, And, the title of the post encourages angry responses. It is aimed at provoking people.

If you are really interested in opinions on this topic in this forum, I suggest you post a title,
"Do the members of this forum believe a form of testing is needed for the use of non-commercial drones."

And, as an aside, despite your statement that "individuals give us a bad name", I find very little to support such hyperbole and inflammatory, unsubstantiated statements.

Yes, there is the random newspaper headline, or the posting of some idiot flying over a crowd of people. These occurrences are rarer than people shining lasers at airplanes, which is illegal. Perhaps it's time to take a test in order to buy a laser pointer.

What do you propose to fix the regulation problem (regulations becoming more and more strict)? Don't you think we will feel the effects if the number of recreational drones triple by 2021?

For the title, I'm sorry. I made multiple polls in the official forum and I always try to keep my titles as simple as possible, and obviously failed here. The poll wasn't made to offend anyone, only to have an idea of how many people agree with the test and how many don't.

You reckon the discussions here will lead to a solution, that can be passed to regulators to enact, internationally? it's just chatter.
we have people who live far out in the middle of no where. they are unlikely to be a danger to anyone. do you think they'd did be happy to have to pay for a permit to fly their drones around their home?
Do think that just because you live in Canada and are being affected by new regulations, everyone else needs to experience the same issue?

1- Yes, Indeed, it's just chatter. Just like pretty much everything on this forum... I'm sorry I don't see your point.

2- People in the middle of no where are also affected by the load of regulations. If they care about the law, then yes they would be happy.

3- Not just Canada, many countries. I think it is pretty clear at this point that the regulations will become more strict in the USA as well. By the way, I am in Canada right now but I'm in the US for most of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh