DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones as weapons - Monday NBC - Rossen reports

Turn11

Reactions
I just saw on NBC a blurb about an upcoming special this next Monday August 20th.
They didn't say what time but apparently it will be on the morning TODAY show.

They were depicting a drone as a weapon and the drone hunters that are used to neutralize them.

I can't wait to see how drones are depicted.
(tongue in cheek) I am certain they will depict in a favorable light the thousands / millions of drones that are used for recreational purposes.

Russia was just complaining about the frequency of phantom drone attacks on their military base in Syria.

Sounded like plain ol Dji drones carrying c-4 or similiar explosives.

Cars are used to transport people but can be use as a weapon on the road. Drones are not the exception.

We are singing the same song out of the same hymnal.
The post was not to stir everyone up but to let them know there was going to be a segment about drones as weapons.

I have a difficult time imagining that this is effective as a completely autonomous system.

I would expect that it would be more successful with a human pilot to at least allow the matrice to lock onto its target.

Radar seems like a rather ineffective means of finding a mostly non-metallic object that may be a mile or two away but I am admittedly not that educated about radar.

I’m also unsure of how to comply with vlos since the video i watched indicated that the autonomous drone may travel miles while pursuing a rouge drone.

The concept is fun but I’m not sure all the parts of the puzzle have been solved yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore